• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

And the new Cal HC is.......

There is currently much wailing and gnashing of teeth on the Cal message boards! :cry: I have to believe they received a couple of turn downs before settling on this guy. I do wonder if Travis was offered the job. He had tons of support ( at least on the message board I visited.)

Unbelievable. We dodged a major bullet here. Would Travis have turned them down after they kind of screwed him out of the job 5 years ago? I think we need to send a thank you card to whoever the dumb-ass athletic director is at Cal. :thumb:

Wow that is makimg me feel waaaaaaaaay better about Travis staying here. He said he is so excited about his incoming class that he wants to see it through for a while. This may be pretty special

HookedonGriz said:
Wow that is makimg me feel waaaaaaaaay better about Travis staying here. He said he is so excited about his incoming class that he wants to see it through for a while. This may be pretty special
When and where did Travis say that??

EverettGriz said:
Wow. Yeah, that has to be a little underwhelming to Cal fans.

They went with Martin when they could have had Travis...regretted it! Could have gotten a great up and coming coach in Travis, but went with a guy that was fired just recently! It amazes me how many chances some of these coaches are given! I hope Travis stays for a long time, but he’s definitely earned a shot! He’s getting guys from Cal’s back yard! Hell, their front yard! Kids want to play for him! I’m very excited about the future team, considering the losses we’ll have this year in our seniors! Not rebuilding, but reloading!

GrizWhiz said:
HookedonGriz said:
When and where did Travis say that??

There was an interview (can’t remember if it was SWX or skyline or another) after season ended and they asked him what his thoughts are on the fact that a lot of teams will be knocking on his door....I’m paraphriasing his reply but it was.....that he’s always had a dream of creating a winning culture and he feels the Griz are finally meeting that dream and that there is more to come and that he wants to be a part of that and see that through.

StumptownGriz said:
Unbelievable. We dodged a major bullet here. Would Travis have turned them down after they kind of screwed him out of the job 5 years ago? I think we need to send a thank you card to whoever the dumb-ass athletic director is at Cal. :thumb:

Not the same one

Back