• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bobcat HC Finalists

maroonandsilver

DONOR
-Andy Hill, Assistant forever to LK at Utah and Montana

-Jono Metztger-Jones, Assistant at UC DAVIS, and previously at UM under Tinkle and Travis

-Danny Sprinkle, Assistant at Cal Fullerton and former Cat from Helena

-Jim Shaw, HC at Western Oregon, with Big Sky experience as an assistant at ISU

-Ryan Looney, HC at Point Loma Nazarene (San Diego) and is playing in the finals for the national D11 title.

(I'm hoping for Looney, we can have as much fun with that name as we had with Fish!)

maroonandsilver said:

-Jono Metztger-Jones, Assistant at UC DAVIS, and previously at UM under Tinkle and Travis

-Ryan Looney, HC at Point Loma Nazarene (San Diego) and is playing in the finals for the national D11 title.

(I'm hoping for Looney, we can have as much fun with that name as we had with Fish!)

Who’s the favorite to get the job, Maroon?

Hill and JMJ would be terrific hires for them, but I hope they don't get the job, as it will be difficult to see either one on their bench.

rocklobster said:
EverettGriz said:
Hill and JMJ would be terrific hires for them, but I hope they don't get the job, as it will be difficult to see either one on their bench.

Thanks Everett.

Yeah, I don't know that I'd say either of those guys is the favorite, per se. I would hazard a guess Sprinkle is probably the favorite, in large part due to the fact that he's a favorite son there. But JMJ will make a fantastic head coach for someone soon.

rocklobster said:
maroonandsilver said:

My bet is Looney and Sprinks will be the front-runners.

After the last 15 years there is nothing scarier as a Bobcat fan than the hiring of a new basketball coach...

EverettGriz said:
rocklobster said:
EverettGriz said:

Thanks Everett.

Yeah, I don't know that I'd say either of those guys is the favorite, per se. I would hazard a guess Sprinkle is probably the favorite, in large part due to the fact that he's a favorite son there. But JMJ will make a fantastic head coach for someone soon.

Amazing the number of former Griz coach assistants that get hired as head coaches! Says a lot about the program that has been established here in Missoula! Cobb will probably be the next target as he gains more experience. Especially with his recruiting contacts he’s now gained ththru Travis.

rocklobster said:
AllWeatherFan said:
maroonandsilver said:

"Sprinkle" has comedic possibilities as well... :lol:

Be funny to see Tinkle vs Sprinkle!

I always imagined that MSU in a way is trying to copy UM's blueprint for success. :wink:

Football: hire former Griz players, Griz coaches (Gregorak)
Basketball: We had Tinkle, they hire Sprinkle. :lol:

get'em_griz said:
rocklobster said:
AllWeatherFan said:
maroonandsilver said:

"Sprinkle" has comedic possibilities as well... :lol:

Be funny to see Tinkle vs Sprinkle!

I always imagined that MSU in a way is trying to copy UM's blueprint for success. :wink:

Football: hire former Griz players, Griz coaches (Gregorak)
Basketball: We had Tinkle, they hire Sprinkle. :lol:

I figure its the homeboy Sprinkle. You have stated it much more humorously than I could. :thumb:

rocklobster said:
EverettGriz said:
rocklobster said:
EverettGriz said:

Thanks Everett.

Amazing the number of former Griz coach assistants that get hired as head coaches! Says a lot about the program that has been established here in Missoula! Cobb will probably be the next target as he gains more experience. Especially with his recruiting contacts he’s now gained ththru Travis.

:thumb:

rocklobster said:
maroonandsilver said:

I think the Cat's Nation heart's are favoring Sprinkle. But if Looney wins the National Championship, or even because he is in the finals, he looks like an attractive hire. Not much enthusiasm for anyone who formerly sat on the Grizzly bench.

Rumors over the past couple days, is Hill withdrew his name and Jono never made the final 5 on campus interviews. Ben McCollum of Northwest Missouri State and Steve Lutz an assistant with Purdue were the other two interview, On campus interviews today, Sunday and Monday.

Mslacat said:
Rumors over the past couple days, is Hill withdrew his name and Jono never made the final 5 on campus interviews. Ben McCollum of Northwest Missouri State and Steve Lutz an assistant with Purdue were the other two interview, On campus interviews today, Sunday and Monday.

Northwest Missouri State won another national title today and went undefeated this year. Seemed like a well coached team and played good D. I think he would be a good get for the cats. Lutz however is a great get if they can land him. He is a very very good recruiter and he has the ability to really develop talent. He has a lot of experience and worked with a lot of talent. Intereting in the 25ish years of coaching he never had got a HC job which is quite odd.

Mslacat said:
I’m thinking the only reason they were on the list was to demonstrate a “national search”, while things get ironed out with Sprinkle.

Back