• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Musselman to Arkansas!

The Nevada job does worry me a bit. TDC has seemed pretty indifferent to some of the Pac12 jobs that have opened up because they seem to lack fan and administrative support, meanwhile Nevada is a consistently strong program with good fan support and (seemingly) reasonable expectations. That, plus the substantial pay increase would make it a very attractive landing spot.

DPGriz said:
The Nevada job does worry me a bit. TDC has seemed pretty indifferent to some of the Pac12 jobs that have opened up because they seem to lack fan and administrative support, meanwhile Nevada is a consistently strong program with good fan support and (seemingly) reasonable expectations. That, plus the substantial pay increase would make it a very attractive landing spot.

I think TD could do better.

fanofzoo said:
DPGriz said:

I think TD could do better.

He could do better! Be a tough decision regarding the talent he has next year, but...$$$!

How come so many posters are sure TD is leaving? He just excepted another extension. Maybe, just maybe, he is pretty damn happy here. I think TD stays for awhile.

Dillon said:
So does $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Talk? That is the question!

"When I was five years old, my mother told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy.' They told me I didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life.-- John Lennon

Maybe there is something, or a few things, that TD wants to accomplish first. Not like he is late in his career. He can chase the money later. I'm sure the offers are, and will be, there. :thumb:

reinell30 said:
How come so many posters are sure TD is leaving? He just excepted another extension. Maybe, just maybe, he is pretty damn happy here. I think TD stays for awhile.

I believe the extension means that he has security for the length but not that he necessarily stays.

http://nevadasportsnet.com/news/reporters/here-are-25-candidates-who-could-be-nevada-basketballs-next-head-coach

In all the talk about money on this board, I think we're missing a point with Travis: His close personal connection to his players. His relationships with Ahmaad Rorie and Freddy Brown border on family. And while there aren't quite those close personal connections to the incoming freshman class, I believe he's really excited about them, and thinks Josh Vasquez could break his school assists record.

So I don't see him leaving for a job like Nevada, rather a Power Five job. Eventually, not now.

Uh, did Travis ever sign the extension? We had the Rothstein tweet a couple weeks ago about how we were "finalizing" an extension but I never saw any follow up or anything official after that.

citay said:
In all the talk about money on this board, I think we're missing a point with Travis: His close personal connection to his players. His relationships with Ahmaad Rorie and Freddy Brown border on family. And while there aren't quite those close personal connections to the incoming freshman class, I believe he's really excited about them, and thinks Josh Vasquez could break his school assists record.

So I don't see him leaving for a job like Nevada, rather a Power Five job. Eventually, not now.

I agree! Travis is a man of commitment. He is committed to UM for something. He has his goals as well.

citay said:

Arizona State would be a great situation if that job opens up.

DPGriz said:
Uh, did Travis ever sign the extension? We had the Rothstein tweet a couple weeks ago about how we were "finalizing" an extension but I never saw any follow up or anything official after that.

Since coaching contracts at UM run July 1 to June 30, I wonder if the new extension/reworked contract does not take effect until July !.

Latest posts

Back