• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Damian Lillard

grizzlyjournal

No hesitation here, despite the fact that he has a tattoo with "Ogden" or that he played for the Wildcats... Damian Lillard's 50-point game to catapult the Trailblazers past the Thunder, was the best single game by a guard I've ever seen. Plus... he's a man of true class.

Was in Pdx at game tonight. Incredible performance. The noise level as Damian hit the 37 footer was screaming loud and lasted for a longtime. Team came out for an even louder curtain call. Most fun I’ve had at any game in a long time.

Rip city indeed!!

grizzlyjournal said:
[media]https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1120916031952658432[/media]

lol....that "Mr. Cool" look on his face when he looks up... :lol: :lol:

mtgrizrule said:
Dillon said:
Too bad Cherry wasn't guarding him!

I thought that too. Sure makes me appreciate how truly great Will Cherry was as a GRIZ.

Honestly - I'm still surprised that the Griz beat Weber as often as they did when Lilliard played for them. I remember watching him just dismantle the Griz in...2008 (2009?) his freshman year at Dahlberg. Every time the Griz would get within a possession, he would just bury an NBA 3.

I think that the only reason they didn't advance to the NCAA tourney when he was on their team was because he was looking to get his teammates involved too much. He could take over a game any time he wanted, he just rarely did.

Lillard was always a class act in college. Really enjoyed watching the epic battles with Will Cherry, and it seemed that Cherry always made big shots against Weber.

MissoulaMarinerFan said:
mtgrizrule said:
Dillon said:
Too bad Cherry wasn't guarding him!

I thought that too. Sure makes me appreciate how truly great Will Cherry was as a GRIZ.

Honestly - I'm still surprised that the Griz beat Weber as often as they did when Lilliard played for them. I remember watching him just dismantle the Griz in...2008 (2009?) his freshman year at Dahlberg. Every time the Griz would get within a possession, he would just bury an NBA 3.

I think that the only reason they didn't advance to the NCAA tourney when he was on their team was because he was looking to get his teammates involved too much. He could take over a game any time he wanted, he just rarely did.

Damn shame Dame never got to go dancing. Randy Rahe is all I have to say. How the hell do you get three full seasons of Lillard and never make the tournament? And it's not like it was Lillard and a bunch of scrubs. He did have some talent around him. At the same time, got to give credit to Tinkle. Totally owned Rahe.

dbackjon said:
Where do you think he ranks among Big Sky Alumni in the NBA, all-time?

Is that a serious question? He averages almost 10 more points a game than the next leading scorer, Michael Ray Richardson, and is already a 4 time all star and 3 time all nba (soon to be 4). Not to mention rookie of the year. And he's already 3rd in games played.

Lillard 23.52 pts/g
Richardson 14.84
Ron Boone 13.94
Rodney Stuckey 12.57

Those are the only ones to average at least 10 pts/g

Stuckey 651 games
Richardson 556
Lillard 549
Chris Childs 541
Jeff Cook 518

SWeberCat02 said:
dbackjon said:
Where do you think he ranks among Big Sky Alumni in the NBA, all-time?

Is that a serious question? He averages almost 10 more points a game than the next leading scorer, Michael Ray Richardson, and is already a 4 time all star and 3 time all nba (soon to be 4). Not to mention rookie of the year. And he's already 3rd in games played.

Lillard 23.52 pts/g
Richardson 14.84
Ron Boone 13.94
Rodney Stuckey 12.57

Those are the only ones to average at least 10 pts/g

Stuckey 651 games
Richardson 556
Lillard 549
Chris Childs 541
Jeff Cook 518

I would certainly put him near the top, or the top. Only other one I would think of was Richardson, but Liilard has surpassed him, IMO. It didn't seem that long ago Lillard was at Weber, but it has been 6 seasons now.

WaGriz4life said:
Best player to ever play in the Big Sky. Not close. Best player to ever play in Dahlberg, not close.

Probably a top five player in the entire Western Conference. How did the "big" schools miss him? What a player! :clap: :clap:

bhumble said:
WaGriz4life said:
Best player to ever play in the Big Sky. Not close. Best player to ever play in Dahlberg, not close.

Probably a top five player in the entire Western Conference. How did the "big" schools miss him? What a player! :clap: :clap:

He was only a two-star recruit out of HS, and lightly recruited.

dbackjon said:
bhumble said:
WaGriz4life said:

He was only a two-star recruit out of HS, and lightly recruited.

You are right, he wasn't that heavily recruited. Weber was the first to offer him. And since Dame is such a loyal and grateful dude, he still chose Weber even after other offers came.

Back