• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Tony Miller

GrizWhiz

Hopefully it is a mistake BUT......Verbalcommits is stating that Tony Miller is transferring! :eek:

mtgrizrule said:
Wtf? Why so late in doing this? This sure opens the door for young forwards to make an impact!

It also depletes the number of quality big men (again!) Tony looked terrific in the pre-season scrimmage last fall. It sure looks like a big loss! I wonder what will become of his scholarship.

GrizWhiz said:
mtgrizrule said:
Wtf? Why so late in doing this? This sure opens the door for young forwards to make an impact!

It also depletes the number of quality big men (again!) Tony looked terrific in the pre-season scrimmage last fall. It sure looks like a big loss! I wonder what will become of his scholarship.
Is it even official? The only site to report it is verbal commits. Nothing from any coaches or from Tony Miller himself.

That sucks. He could have provided quality depth. Likely takes a redshirt option for Mack away if that was desired. Will Tony have to sit out another year with one to play (I doubt he’d get a medical redshirt for his sophomore year) or maybe go NAIA??? I’m missing the logic behind this move.

astutegriz said:
That sucks. He could have provided quality depth. Likely takes a redshirt option for Mack away if that was desired. Will Tony have to sit out another year with one to play (I doubt he’d get a medical redshirt for his sophomore year) or maybe go NAIA??? I’m missing the logic behind this move.

Yes... Does not make sense

Paytonlives said:
astutegriz said:

Yes... Does not make sense
Based on what he did earlier in his career and his performance in the pre-season scrimmage, I believe he would have started. This is very hard to understand.

Unless he’s graduating early doesn’t make much sense to me. Just because he goes into transfer portal doesn’t mean he has to transfer.

dayday said:
Unless he’s graduating early doesn’t make much sense to me. Just because he goes into transfer portal doesn’t mean he has to transfer.

The AD office informs the athlete before they go into the transfer portal that they will no longer be on the team if they do indeed enter. That means, he is gone.

Probably be another JC transfer coming in. Definitely means those freshmen coming in will not all be red shirting! Really sucks! This guy was gonna ease the pain of losing everyone and their dog from last year! Mr. Pridgett will definitely be called on to do more! Could sure use a power forward; and so could everyone else!

There’s another Aussie player out there named Sebit Reath out of Lee College-6’11”, 220. Maybe his fellow countrymen can bring him here! And then again, they probably don’t even him. Just desperate reach!

Carter and Owen's will have a huge opportunity this season. Maybe being here the whole summer will payoff for whoever is doing it.

If these reports are accurate, that is what 9 or so kids from last year's team who are no longer on the team , I don't care who you are that has to be alarming. Whole lot of turn over.
Hopefully some of the younger guys can come in and contribute. Could be a long year. Hopefully not.

Back