• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Cats new WBB recruit

grizd

Check out this nugget from BN. http://www.bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=47516

Interestingly, I met this girl at the YMCA in Walla Walla. She was attending a family wedding in the area, talked about her connections to Montana. Gave no indication about signing with either team; shame, Cats got a fantastic player.

Kelly Pilcher’s daughter and Carla Beattie’s niece. Kelly was one of the better athletes to come out of Missoula and Montana in general.

Cats fans are indeed enjoying this.
Griz are going for the grand slam of fail. First the football team, then the school, now the WBB team. Just need the MBB to head south and they’ll have it done.

Can't say how much or how little Shannon recruited her, but she's obviously pretty talented young women. Best of luck to her in Bozeman.

Binford is doing a good job there. She's been expanding MSU's women's recruiting footprint and clearly she is running the better of the two programs right now.

Beattie averaged 25+ as a sophomore and 26+ as a junior.
I hazard a guess that Selvig would have never let her get away. And her mother and aunt would have wanted her to play for Rob.
Another nail in Shannon's coffin. :oops:

maroonandsilver said:
I hazard a guess that Selvig would have never let her get away. And her mother and aunt would have wanted her to play for Rob.

Maybe it was because of the Degree she wants to get (like Deden was).

SACCAT66 said:
maroonandsilver said:

Entirely possible and very likely, but at least in the our corner of the universe it does invite even more questions about the directions of the women's program. I don't know that it is a fair criticism, that she lost a legacy recruit to Bozeman whose interest in Missoula may not have been reciprocal.

SACCAT66 said:
maroonandsilver said:

Bobcat Nation says Accounting. Now who has the more highly regarded Accounting program and Business School?

maroonandsilver said:
SACCAT66 said:
maroonandsilver said:

Bobcat Nation says Accounting. Now who has the more highly regarded Accounting program and Business School?

I know a lot of Accountants at Tech firms (mainly Oracle and Zoot) that started by interning there while going to MSU for college.

Grizfan-24 said:
SACCAT66 said:
maroonandsilver said:

Entirely possible and very likely, but at least in the our corner of the universe it does invite even more questions about the directions of the women's program. I don't know that it is a fair criticism, that she lost a legacy recruit to Bozeman whose interest in Missoula may not have been reciprocal.

It does indeed invite those...

Normally I don't do this but .......how in god's name did the Lady Griz not recruit double legacy Leia Beattie. Leia was quite clear, she wanted to play her ball in Montana. Since Leia did not summer camp in Missoula (Texas is a long way away) Shannon came in real late her recruitment, despite phone calls from Leias Mother Kelly (Pilcher) Beattie and aunt Carla (Beattie) Cunneen. By the time Shannon bothered to call Leia the deal was already done. MSU just signed it best recruiting class in years, a class that may be the best Big Sky conference recruiting class in 2 or 3 year and Leia Beattie as well as Katelynn Limardo might be the 2 gems in that recruiting class.

Mslacat said:
Normally I don't do this but .......how in god's name did the Lady Griz not recruit double legacy Leia Beattie. Leia was quite clear, she wanted to play her ball in Montana. Since Leia did not summer camp in Missoula (Texas is a long way away) Shannon came in real late her recruitment, despite phone calls from Leias Mother Kelly (Pilcher) Beattie and aunt Carla (Beattie) Cunneen. By the time Shannon bothered to call Leia the deal was already done. MSU just signed it best recruiting class in years, a class that may be the best Big Sky conference recruiting class in 2 or 3 year and Leia Beattie as well as Katelynn Limardo might be the 2 gems in that recruiting class.
And Lady Griz signed 4 MT girls I've never even heard of... :cry:

Mslacat said:

I bolded the main issue.

grizindabox said:
Mslacat said:

I bolded the main issue.

:lol: more than once...

maroonandsilver said:
SACCAT66 said:
maroonandsilver said:

Give me a a break. There is no such thing as a "good accounting school." They're all the same. The only thing that matters in accounting is whether or not someone passes the CPA exam and that's something the degree does not prepare a person for in any way, shape, or form.

Back