• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Pacific Transfer Lafayette Dorsey

UMFan12

https://mobile.twitter.com/ldorsey__/status/1147697356608925698
3 to play 2. Averaged 10.7 PPG as a sophomore for Pacific
Highlights:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CRnom8IWgRY

Just saw this on twitter. Looks like an athletic, explosive guard. Dude can dunk with ease. Interested to see how he pans out

I assume he will have to sit out his first year here. He looks like a great addition though! :)

Remember, it was Pacific we beat out for Tony Miller. Now Dorsey comes our way as well. Could this open up a spot at Pacific for Miller? This is sorta weird.

This is a very, very good pickup for Montana, kid can go to the basket and looks to have a decent outside shot.
With hardnett running the point this year hopefully, and dorsey and Vasquez battling for it the next 3 years Montana looks more than solid.
Decuire knew he needed a upgrade at point following last year and definitely fixed it. Falls isn't the answer and never was. i.m.o. that's why all the transfers.
This year might be a struggle early, but watch out come tournament time.
With the talent and athletism decuire has brought into Missoula watch out the next 4 years at least if he is still around.

braves84 said:
Decuire knew he needed a upgrade at point following last year and definitely fixed it. Falls isn't the answer and never was. i.m.o. that's why all the transfers.

I agree

What a monumental problem! ;) Keeping in mind that two of the best guards in Montana hoops history just graduated & here we are... already considering a loaded roster of premium guards... proven and prospective. That's not counting that Sayeed Pridgett, the Big Sky MVP is conveniently penciled in at wing (in my starting lineup).

Frankly, I think it matters little who we project as starters (at 1&2) right now, this promises to be a potent, multi-faceted and deep guard lineup with a lot of minute-sharing time on the court. I do know this: Please do NOT overlook redshirt freshman Eddy Egun. My own personal chess-move musings at a Griz lineup have Eddy as starter in several lineup scenarios.

The big puzzle for me is who's going to play the four in a front court lineup that's not very deep... Thinking one or two frosh will be expected to contribute early.

Second leading scorer from that team. Shooting percentage isn’t great...32.1 on 3’s and 41.5 overall. Some I’m sure shot selection based on need to score on the 9th place team in the WCC.

grizindabox said:
braves84 said:

I agree

I agree with this as well...for all his flash, Falls isn’t a 30+ min-a-game guy....

AZGrizFan said:
grizindabox said:
braves84 said:

I agree

I agree with this as well...for all his flash, Falls isn’t a 30+ min-a-game guy....
I respectfully disagree. He really improved towards the end of last season. I trust we will continue to see this improvement. He is a heckuva defender and undeniably talented! :thumb:

AZGrizFan said:
grizindabox said:
braves84 said:

I agree

Falls averaged about 24/25 minutes per game at the end of the season. I looked at the last 7 games, including the last 5 in which he started. He averaged over 20 minutes for the season. I saw one earlier game in which he played 35 minutes.

GrizWhiz said:
AZGrizFan said:
grizindabox said:
braves84 said:

I agree

I respectfully disagree. He really improved towards the end of last season. I trust we will continue to see this improvement. He is a heckuva defender and undeniably talented! :thumb:

Well put grizwhiz. There is a lot of unnecessary disrespect being directed toward Falls here on egriz. He is the best on ball defender we have, incredibly athletic, and was arguably our 2nd best player in the game against michigan, after Pridgett of course.

The best part of college sports is the development that we see in players over time. Falls is a young man who is still growing into a great player. The added guard depth is good, but I would be really surprised if Falls doesnt start this season.

Grizbballfan14 said:
GrizWhiz said:
AZGrizFan said:
grizindabox said:

Well put grizwhiz. There is a lot of unnecessary disrespect being directed toward Falls here on egriz. He is the best on ball defender we have, incredibly athletic, and was arguably our 2nd best player in the game against michigan, after Pridgett of course.

The best part of college sports is the development that we see in players over time. Falls is a young man who is still growing into a great player. The added guard depth is good, but I would be really surprised if Falls doesnt start this season.

It’s not his defense that concerns me. It’s his ball control.

PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
grizindabox said:
braves84 said:

I agree

Falls averaged about 24/25 minutes per game at the end of the season. I looked at the last 7 games, including the last 5 in which he started. He averaged over 20 minutes for the season. I saw one earlier game in which he played 35 minutes.

Like I said, not a 30+ min a game guy...thanks for helping prove my point. :thumb:

AZGrizFan said:
Grizbballfan14 said:
GrizWhiz said:
AZGrizFan said:

It’s not his defense that concerns me. It’s his ball control.

I'm more concerned about his self control.

AZGrizFan said:
PlayerRep said:
AZGrizFan said:
grizindabox said:

Like I said, not a 30+ min a game guy...thanks for helping prove my point. :thumb:

He wasn't last year, when he started only 8 games and had perhaps the 2 best UM guard tandem in front of him and probably the best point control the game and distribute guy ever at UM. That doesn't mean he isn't a 30 minute guy, or won't be this year.

Back