• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Lady Griz Hire a new assistant coach

moneyball

Hi all. There is light at the end of the tunnel. The Lady Griz have hired a new Male assistant coach. They have not officially announced it yet so out of respect for him and his family I will not divulge his name. Let's just say I am excited for the hire. He is a great coach and person!!! The girls could really use some encouragement form a good coach. Just between you, me and the fence post.....When Shannon is let go next year...this new hire will likely get the nod. This might be why they hired him to begin with. Stay tuned!!!!

moneyball said:
When Shannon is let go next year...this new hire will likely get the nod. This might be why they hired him to begin with.

Are you saying Shannon doesn’t have control of picking her assistants, or that she is so conscientious that she used as her requirement the best person to replace her?

moneyball said:
Hi all. There is light at the end of the tunnel. The Lady Griz have hired a new Male assistant coach. They have not officially announced it yet so out of respect for him and his family I will not divulge his name. Let's just say I am excited for the hire. He is a great coach and person!!! The girls could really use some encouragement form a good coach. Just between you, me and the fence post.....When Shannon is let go next year...this new hire will likely get the nod. This might be why they hired him to begin with. Stay tuned!!!!

L.W.?

astutegriz said:
moneyball said:
When Shannon is let go next year...this new hire will likely get the nod. This might be why they hired him to begin with.

Are you saying Shannon doesn’t have control of picking her assistants, or that she is so conscientious that she used as her requirement the best person to replace her?

I can't go into the specifics....but this was a very sudden hire. we will see how it plays out.

If true, his might add some credibility to the earlier rumor of Sonja Roger's possible departure.

PlayerRep said:
717s7e said:
If true, his might add some credibility to the earlier rumor of Sonja Roger's possible departure.

Sonya retired to spend more time with her family.

Don't believe everything you read. They also said positive things about the departures of some of the players...and none of them were true.

astutegriz said:
moneyball said:

Absolutely!! Why do you think they only gave her a 1 yr contract??? She is on her way out..and not soon enough!!!!

astutegriz said:
moneyball said:

Also I will say this...Haslam is covering his Arse by what he is doing with this new hire. When everyone finds out who it is...you will understand. How can he get rid of a legend in Lady Griz History without loosing face? Hire a very comprable Coach who actually likes kids and wants the best for them!!!! This is the first time that I think Haslam is a genius..he may actually save his job because of this.

Is there going to be an announcement in the next 6 weeks or are we playing who knows who?

moneyball said:

A friend of mine asked Riley Corcoran about this today. Riley says it is totally false. So who's right, Riley or moneyball? The world wonders...........

maroonandsilver said:
moneyball said:

A friend of mine asked Riley Corcoran about this today. Riley says it is totally false. So who's right, Riley or moneyball? The world wonders...........

I saw the list of finalists, but I'm not sure who got the job:
John Stockton
Joe Glenn
Karl Nicholas
argh!

maroonandsilver said:
moneyball said:

Note also: Sonya Stokken, the person this phantom coach is rumored to replace, is still listed as assistant coach on the updated 2019-2020 Lady Griz roster.

maroonandsilver said:
moneyball said:

Lol. 28 total posts and about 25 attack Shannon. Axe to grind? Guess we will find out in the coming days...

maroonandsilver said:
moneyball said:

Well, moneyball did post 8 players that quit. Technically, that is correct, but one of those players (Rachel Staudacher (sp)) un-quit, re-joined the team, and played her final season after Shannon asked her to come back. So, either Rachel likes to play for an abusive coach or maybe it just wasn't as bad as he is saying it was. Maybe somewhere in-between. Why would a player want to come back and subject herself to all that abuse that moneyball describes?

Back