• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Careful What We Wish For....

citygriz

Which is, a victory at Stanford. Possible? Certainly. Over the years we've won a lot of games against Pac 12 teams, including a split of the last four games versus Stanford. Here's hoping it happens again.

But if there's one school that might be looking for a new coach at the end of the year, it is Stanford. Jerod Haase heads into his fourth year with a 48-49 record. And while he lost his best player to the pros, still, a .500 record does not cut it at the major college level these days. And since four years is generally thought to be enough time to prove your bona fides as a coach, Haase might be on the hot seat at the end of this year.

Of course, Stanford began probably it's best stretch in the modern era once they picked Mike Montgomery off our staff. A stellar performance tomorrow night, and Stanford might be reminded of that move. Of course, Stanford is one job Travis could not turn down for many reasons, not the least of which would be his chance to get even with Cal for not hiring him when Montgomery retired.

Given that his recruits have been successful in the classroom as well as the court he's probably on their radar regardless of the outcome of one contest. Having followed the team since Doug Selvig was playing I've accepted that it is inevitable, yet I'm more excited about the potential of this group than any in a long time. I'm embracing the possibilities and can't wait for the games.

Personally, I'm actually confident that DeCuire will stick around for a while. I think he sees this team as a potential mid major power. The recent investment in the program and support from the community has to be encouraging.

I'm more worried about fellow big sky conference teams poaching our assistants. I know I would try to if I was an AD.

If Travis were to leave I wouldnt blame him. We can only pay him so much and he is definitely worth much more. Also it would be another testament to the program if 1/4th of the Pac 12 coaches played and coached at Montana.

"Also it would be another testament to the program if 1/4th of the Pac 12 coaches played and coached at Montana."

Never thought of that. Strange but true!

citay said:
"Also it would be another testament to the program if 1/4th of the Pac 12 coaches played and coached at Montana."

Never thought of that. Strange but true!

Great point. I do think it is inevitable that we lose Travis at some point. But I think the search for his replacement should not extend past the guy that sits next to him on the bench. Don't even open it up. So he doesn't leave with him.

Back