• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz- Stanford spread

Well that’d be nice, but I just don’t see that happening. There’s too many unknowns. I don’t think we have an elite point guard this year and I think this is a tough team to open with. Throwing all our freshmen into the fire against a pac 12 team is maybe not what I would’ve liked to have seen for our opener.

They’ve also got a pretty young team! I think we’ll compete pretty well against them! We’re returning some players with some good minutes last year!! They’re big, though! Will be interesting to see which of the freshmen step up! I think this game is very winnable!

Griz til I die said:
Well that’d be nice, but I just don’t see that happening. There’s too many unknowns. I don’t think we have an elite point guard this year and I think this is a tough team to open with. Throwing all our freshmen into the fire against a pac 12 team is maybe not what I would’ve liked to have seen for our opener.

The youth on the team doesn't know they're supposed to lose and that is why we take it.

fanofzoo said:
Griz til I die said:

The youth on the team doesn't know they're supposed to lose and that is why we take it.

Agreed, fanofzoo. Montana does well recruiting California kids who are on the Pac 12 fringe. So, when they get snubbed by the Pac 12 schools, a big selling point for coming to Montana is the chance to go home & play on a Pac 12 court in a Montana uniform. This year they'll play on 3 Pac 12 courts plus Arkansas and New Mexico. They're not worrying about losing; they're thinking about upsets. Not bad for kids playing on a mid major team.

Cant wait for the game we are bringing the varsity team from dublin high to support timmy and montana.GO GRIZ

The last team the Griz played was a really good Michigan squad! There is no reason the Griz can’t win this game tonight! I know, they’ll be without Rorie, Oguine, and the boys, but just that experience will make the Griz much more competitive!

Coachnelson said:
Cant wait for the game we are bringing the varsity team from dublin high to support timmy and montana.GO GRIZ

AWESOME...and muchas gracias for all your support!

Coachnelson said:

Way to go CoachNelson. Send some more kids our way👍

Back