• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

How bout Cats repping Big Sky!

CleanHOUSE

Cats looking strong (3-0 at Spartan Invitational) and maybe like they have made some real changes to their program style. Should we be worried? Anyway nice to see Big Sky getting some solid out of conference results. SUU getting nice win over Nebraska as well.

Early returns are good for the Cats. They look much better on the defensive end and the post. Frey is also an all big sky guy so they should be in the top half. It is still early though.

As for the Griz , with the players out and the green players with this schedule it’s going to be hard to gauge this team until probably early January.

I think the front runners in the league will be S. Utah, Eastern Washington and Weber.

Things are going to improve quickly as soon as Griz get Samuelson back as well as Selcuk getting green light in December for conference play. Just wait and see.

dayday said:
Early returns are good for the Cats. They look much better on the defensive end and the post. Frey is also an all big sky guy so they should be in the top half. It is still early though.

As for the Griz , with the players out and the green players with this schedule it’s going to be hard to gauge this team until probably early January.

I think the front runners in the league will be S. Utah, Eastern Washington and Weber.

Prior to watching the Cats take a Utah St. team to the wire who are predicted to take the Mountain West this season, I pretty much agreed with your front-runner list other than I also have Montana in that mix. Top Big Sky programs will now have the Sprinkle factor to deal with... added pressure to figure out how to beat a potentially very dangerous Cat squad ...Big Sky Dark horse.

I, for one, am very impressed with what they have done early, fighting with a ranked top 25 team before falling by 8 and then beating North Carolina Greensboro,currently ranked 16th of mid-major top 25, on road. Could they be a contender?

Should we be worried? I think the ‘scats Are the least of our worries right now with the basketball program.

AZGrizFan said:
Should we be worried? I think the ‘scats Are the least of our worries right now with the basketball program.

Ya think? We might be the fourth best team in Montana right now! :lol: :lol: :lol:

AllWeatherFan said:
AZGrizFan said:

Ya think? We might be the fourth best team in Montana right now! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ok, AllWeatherFan, that hurt. :lol: :lol: :lol:

My great uncle, a lifelong Montana rancher, would always say a brief sentence if he got hurt on the job (like hitting his thumb with a hammer, getting caught in a back-snap of barbed wire while fencing, or one time getting sprayed in the face by a skunk... etc.). Asked the invariable question, "Are you hurt?" he'd always say... "Only when I laugh." Which usually got everyone laughing.

grizzlyjournal said:
AllWeatherFan said:
AZGrizFan said:

Ok, AllWeatherFan, that hurt. :lol: :lol: :lol:

My great uncle, a lifelong Montana rancher, would always say a brief sentence if he got hurt on the job (like hitting his thumb with a hammer, getting caught in a back-snap of barbed wire while fencing, or one time getting sprayed in the face by a skunk... etc.). Asked the invariable question, "Are you hurt?" he'd always say... "Only when I laugh." Which usually got everyone laughing.

I should have added: We might be the fourth best basketball team in Montana right now, but I'm confident that we'll climb to the top rung of that ladder throughout the season! I have faith in Travis.

Back