• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Fatkin leaves Lady Griz

SACCAT66

Dont know how to copy a tweet from my phone... This is from Skyline Sports Twitter account.

Multiple sources confirm Montana Lady Griz guard Sammy
Fatkin has left the program. The former Arizona transfer is averaging 5.5 points in about 16 minutes per game this season.

One source confirmed Fatkin was not at the airport this morning when UM left for upcoming road trip.

I’m completely and utterly over Shannon. This is happening at an eerily normal pace. Lost our most talented up and comer in Mayhue and now one of our other studs in Fatkin. WTF!

HookedonGriz said:
I’m completely and utterly over Shannon. This is happening at an eerily normal pace. Lost our most talented up and comer in Mayhue and now one of our other studs in Fatkin. WTF!

Yep she a 500 coach that runs her best players off the team. By my count this is 5 really good players that have left. Time for a change

Paytonlives said:
HookedonGriz said:

Yep she a 500 coach that runs her best players off the team. By my count this is 5 really good players that have left. Time for a change

Unfortunately predictable. Definitely time for a change. Haslam needs to act. He waited a year too long.

HookedonGriz said:

5.5 points in 16 minutes a game is now the definition of a “stud”?

AZGrizFan said:
HookedonGriz said:

5.5 points in 16 minutes a game is now the definition of a “stud”?

Maybe getting limited to 16 mins a game had something to do with her scoring? Its not rocket science. She transferred in from Arizona and was ranked the 30th best point guard in the nation her senior year. Girl is a stud. Shannon ran her off like she has a crap ton of players. Something is very wrong in that locker room.

I hate to say I told you so...but I told you so last year that Katie was quitting and several other girls were considering it. Sammy was one of those considering it also. Guess what...there are still a few others that are still considering it as we speak. The reason they stay mostly is because School becomes more important and they don't want to give up the scholarship. Some hold out for the hope that they will win favor with Shannon. In the end they leave because Shannon does not care about these kids. She treats them like a commodity and a means to her end. If you don't tow the line or kiss her Arse she runs you out of the program or benches you like she has to so many over the last 4 seasons. I knew about Sammy a last year. She decided to give it one more try even though she was not happy with Shannon. But like so many others she just couldn't stomach it any longer. It is super sad because she is a great kid with a great talent under a horrible coach with no character. I wish her well in the future!! At least one good thing comes out of this...she will no longer have to endure an abusive-narcissistic coach!!! I feel sorry for the assistants as well. I know they are frustrated but can't step up for fear of getting fired. Bad situation all around. Can't wait until she is gone. Not soon enough. Come on Nate!!!

This is a big loss, in my view. I thought Fatkin was going to be a big contributor this year. I think Fatkin rooms with the older sister of the Helena recruit who committed recently.

Another Observation in the Big Sky. MSU, Who is favored to win the Big Sky this year, has only one player on their entire roster from Montana. All five starters are out of state kids. Until we have a coach who is willing to go get the best talent no matter where they are and even recruit some JC transfers, the Lady Griz will at best be a middle of the road team. This is so obvious that I can't believe she thinks she can win championships only recruiting in Montana. But if you can't even keep the good ones you have then I guess it does not really matter where you recruit.

I really didn't think Fatkin played as well this year as she did last year which may be due to friction between her and the coach or lack of motivation to play for the coach. Now that she left now, It may be possible to transfer to a different school and then be able to play next season some time (possibly the entire season if the NCAA grants it)

Another thing, I read somewhere fatkin transferred from Arizona to go some place where she could be a point guard. Not sure why she came here in the first place as Johnston was the point guard at the time and Shannon sure wasn't going to change that. Now Stiles is being groomed to be the point guard.

Appears Fatkins minutes were being reduced as Stiles minutes were being increased.

TrueGriz said:
I really didn't think Fatkin played as well this year as she did last year which may be due to friction between her and the coach or lack of motivation to play for the coach. Now that she left now, It may be possible to transfer to a different school and then be able to play next season some time (possibly the entire season if the NCAA grants it)

You hit the nail on the head!!!

TrueGriz said:
Another thing, I read somewhere fatkin transferred from Arizona to go some place where she could be a point guard. Not sure why she came here in the first place as Johnston was the point guard at the time and Shannon sure wasn't going to change that. Now Stiles is being groomed to be the point guard.

Appears Fatkins minutes were being reduced as Stiles minutes were being increased.

Interesting. Isn't Stiles playing point guard most of the time she's in the game, including when she starts?

PlayerRep said:
TrueGriz said:

Interesting. Isn't Stiles playing point guard most of the time she's in the game, including when she starts?

I believe so, but I missed the last two home game due to being out of town, so not sure if it was most of the time or part of the time. The games that I have seen, her time at point guard has been increasing. But Its just obvious that Fatkin was not going to be a point guard for the Lady Griz.

With Fatkin gone. Shannon may have to bring someone off red shirt. Especially if Madi continues to struggle to get healthy. Looks like lots of minutes for the 2 Ladies wearing knee braces.

maroonandsilver said:
With Fatkin gone. Shannon may have to bring someone off red shirt. Especially if Madi continues to struggle to get healthy. Looks like lots of minutes for the 2 Ladies wearing knee braces.

Considering the 2 Ladies wearing the braces have been playing close to 40 minutes, Fatkin's minutes will have to be spread out to the other players, likely more minutes for Goligosky and/or Harrington. Goligosky is the one that deserves the extra minutes.

TrueGriz said:
maroonandsilver said:

Considering the 2 Ladies wearing the braces have been playing close to 40 minutes, Fatkin's minutes will have to be spread out to the other players, likely more minutes for Goligosky and/or Harrington. Goligosky is the one that deserves the extra minutes.

That's a lot of minutes for those knees, and a lot of season ahead to play. Let's hope they hold up!

I hope we fans can get a full and honest account why this talented high quality athlete, left the program, privacy aside we are owed this! Too many questions without answers about this team's management, patterns of players leaving the team, questionable game management, recruiting to include this coaches two daughters with scholarships seems at least ethically questionable. Sammy had lots of potential, (not to say she needed to work on her own game) a keeper, one to develop. Really enjoyed watching Sammy play, hope she gains that opportunity someplace better!

Back