• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Kobe Bryant

Gaeilge1

It has now been confirmed that Kobe Bryant was killed in a helicopter crash in Calabasas, California about an hour ago!

I know this has little to do with Griz BB, but felt this was the most appropriate place to post this terrible news for basketball fans to see.

RIP Mr Bryant!!

UPDATE --
MSNBC has now confirmed that Kobe's 13 yo daughter was also on board that helicopter!

I can't think of a much more devastating circumstance than this for the Bryant family!!

I will hold them all in my heart and prayers for a long while!

Gaeilge1 said:
It has now been confirmed that Kobe Bryant was killed in a helicopter crash in Calabasas, California about an hour ago!

I know this has little to do with Griz BB, but felt this was the most appropriate place to post this terrible news for basketball fans to see.

RIP Mr Bryant!!
(Beat me to it.) Always a terrible shock when people go out "before their time."

Heartfelt sympathy for all those directly impacted by this tragedy.

I am not a fan of the NBA. However, I have always liked Kobe! Such an ambassador of the game for any level! GOD SPEED TO HIS ENTIRE FAMILY AND LAKER NATION!

reinell30 said:
I am not a fan of the NBA. However, I have always liked Kobe! Such an ambassador of the game for any level! GOD SPEED TO HIS ENTIRE FAMILY AND LAKER NATION!
Same here, re the NBA, but Kobe was special. Not perfect, but always trying to get better ... in the game and in life. For a good many years, I couldn't stand Kobe. But you had to respect the fact that he "walked the walk" to back up the big talk and attitude. But you finally had to concede that, in his every word and deed, Kobe honored the notion that one should strive to be the best at whatever you do. Of course, that means you have to put in the work. I'm not sure those notions get valued as much as they should these days. It shows up most in sports, but it applies across the board in life. In that sense, Kobe transcended the game of basketball.

Not going to cry over this, I didn’t like KB, but I liked the quality of ball he played.Top 10 best.

Back