• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New Lady Griz point guard

MikeyGriz

Harlem's L'Tia Lawrence has verbally agreed to play for the Lady Griz:

https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/harlems-ltia-lawrence-to-play-for-montana-lady-griz/article_b9ad5962-506e-516e-b213-cc5e29215f62.html

https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/ltia-lawrence/Z97qQNtqEeeT-Oz0u-e-FA/videos.htm?videoid=3076dc6a-0fce-4ed6-b502-32c6c2a49f59

She has a beautiful shot, and can shoot 3's from way outside the arc. Seems to be able to dribble both ways. Can shoot runners. Tall.

Second Native American recruit for next year, I believe.

PlayerRep said:
She has a beautiful shot, and can shoot 3's from way outside the arc. Seems to be able to dribble both ways. Can shoot runners. Tall.

Only in your world is 5'8" thought as "tall", PR.

Hopefully she is a great player. But out-recruiting a poor NAIA basketball program for a Class B girl from Harlem, Montana? I'm not holding my breath.

maroonandsilver said:
PlayerRep said:

Hopefully she is a great player. But out-recruiting a poor NAIA basketball program for a Class B girl from Harlem, Montana? I'm not holding my breath.

I'm not either. But...

...one good thing Shannon has done is to invite young grade school players to attend a game for free. Brilliant. I've been a Griz fan since I was eight. You put it there early with kids, as we apparently did with L'Tia.

Also remember: Part of the legacy of the Lady Griz program was created by Shannon herself, no matter that was so many years ago. At one time, she put the Lady Griz program on the national map. She helped make it THE program in Montana.

But the times have changed since then. The major schools took an interest in women's basketball. The Big Sky caught up. Unless she opens up her recruiting, Shannon could be the one to destroy the legacy she helped create.

citay said:
maroonandsilver said:
PlayerRep said:

I'm not either. But...

...one good thing Shannon has done is to invite young grade school players to attend a game for free. Brilliant. I've been a Griz fan since I was eight. You put it there early with kids, as we apparently did with L'Tia.

Also remember: Part of the legacy of the Lady Griz program was created by Shannon herself, no matter that was so many years ago. At one time, she put the Lady Griz program on the national map. She helped make it THE program in Montana.

But the times have changed since then. The major schools took an interest in women's basketball. The Big Sky caught up. Unless she opens up her recruiting, Shannon could be the one to destroy the legacy she helped create.

Recruiting is one issue, but retaining recruits is another.

maroonandsilver said:
PlayerRep said:

She's a 5'9", point guard. See Feb. 25 article. Kenzie was listed at 5'7" on roster.

"If Lawrence has anything to say about it, the team likes its chances. The 5-foot-9 all-state guard is averaging 13.1 points, 7.4 rebounds, 5.7 assists and 3.3 steals per game. Despite her impressive stats, passing and creating for her teammates excites her the most."

Lawrence’s drive and work ethic have allowed her to succeed off the court, as well. She took third at the Class B state cross country meet last fall. She also won the 3,200 meter-run and added a second-place finish in the 1,600 at the state track and field meet as a junior.

She holds a 3.9 grade-point average in the classroom."

https://www.montanasports.com/high-school-sports/girls-basketball/ltia-lawrence-helping-harlem-make-basketball-history

Back