• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Shannon is Fired!!!! Boom!!!

Tough decision for Haslam and U of M but I think it’s the right call 100%. Something was very wrong in that program. Wish her well but next man/woman up!

Very tough situation. Shannon is a Griz lifer. Just didn't work out. These are the days that Kent isn't paid nearly enough. I wonder how this will affect the track program, if at all.

I wish Shannon the best. I would like to see Coville get it, and see Shannon stay on as an assistant. I think Nate would do a kick ass job.

grizpack said:
Very tough situation. Shannon is a Griz lifer. Just didn't work out. These are the days that Kent isn't paid nearly enough. I wonder how this will affect the track program, if at all.

I wish Shannon the best. I would like to see Coville get it, and see Shannon stay on as an assistant. I think Nate would do a kick ass job.

That would be nice but I would prefer a national search to be completed. Covill may do a kick ass job, who knows. He doesn't even have as much experience coaching at the college level as Shannon. I would like to see someone with experience as a head coach that has had a lot of success.

But, there is likely no way that Shannon would want to be demoted back down to an assistant coach of the team she was a head coach for.

Greatest Lady Griz player ever and a spectacular person.

Thanks for all you've given to GRIZ athletics, Shannon.

And one of the positives of this is hopefully now moneyball will return to the rock he crawled out from.

I am not so sure she can be hired back as an assistant even if she wanted to.
Looks like Mike Petrino will take over on an interim basis anyway.

Along with her husband I wonder what her daughter(s) will do?

I wish both Shannon and her family all the best in the future!

EverettGriz said:

And one of the positives of this is hopefully now moneyball will return to the rock he crawled out from.

+1

My two cents:

I think she’ll get some consideration.

https://osubeavers.com/sports/womens-basketball/roster/coaches/katie-faulkner/1221

EverettGriz said:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

EverettGriz said:

AMEN!

Grizfan-24 said:
My two cents:

I think she’ll get some consideration.

https://osubeavers.com/sports/womens-basketball/roster/coaches/katie-faulkner/1221

Interesting observation, Faulkner, nee Baker, would be a great fit. But would she leave OSU, seems like she is in a pretty good spot?

EverettGriz said:

Definitely a gold medal in low class scumbaggery to revel in another's misfortune, doubly so these days.

Moneyball is an idiot. I have watched every single Lady Griz game for the past 2 years. For those of u half ass fans listen up... 39% of all ncaa student athletes transfer at least once. How many girls that have transferred out of Shannons program have had success?? Don’t worry, I’ll wait... I’m not going to badmouth the girls but just look at the transfers and their history. Kids leave instead of compete. If everything isn’t going their way they quit. Welcome to ncaa student athletes 2020. Thanks to the people who support Shannon and understand her life long commitment to Lady Griz basketball. Shame on you other people who jump in without knowing a damn thing. Kent Haslem is a puppet who succumbed to the pressure of the community of fans who don’t know shit.

Don’t blame Shannon for injuries that have happened. ACL injuries are very common if u take a look. https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28404955/acl-injuries-remain-painful-constant-women-basketball

Money ball is a cheeseball. Shannon was a class act and building a program. Haslam snatching out the rug on her smacks of the pflu treatment

grizzlygrumpa said:
Money ball is a cheeseball. Shannon was a class act and building a program. Haslam snatching out the rug on her smacks of the pflu treatment

I agree about moneyball, not so much the rest.

grizzlygrumpa said:

And keep her for what reason?? If Travis had the same record and player departures what would be the reaction and Haslam's decision.....yep you are correct.

Back