• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

I would look at Trish Duce

PlayerRep

Long time Asst Coach and former player. Was interested when Shannon was hired. I think Duce would have been the better choice, but was not a former all-American player and big name like Shannon. Many of the former players I know really like Duce, including ones who were LG in more recent years.

Still lives in Missoula. Has been teaching computer science at UM. Just a thought.

I don't know Shannon, and feel funny calling her Shannon, but I don't know how to spell her last name.

As I said in another Topic: 4 years ago Shannon was the splashy popular pick but Trish Duce was the correct pick to replace Robin

I would certainly like to see Trish Duce given serious consideration for the job, and it would already conquer one hurdle because she is already employed by the University and would not be considered a new hire under the freeze.

I wonder however whether she is even interested. Got to wonder if she might have already been approached and either turned it down or indicated she needed time to think about it and that may be why the interim coach tag was given to Mike Petrino so quickly?

I’m pretty confident Trish has no interest. She was done with the grind of being a college coach and being away from her kids etc. Her youngest will be a senior this next year, so maybe after that she might have interest in returning to the coaching ranks but I doubt it.

Sugar Bear 16 said:
I’m pretty confident Trish has no interest. She was done with the grind of being a college coach and being away from her kids etc. Her youngest will be a senior this next year, so maybe after that she might have interest in returning to the coaching ranks but I doubt it.

I was just going to ask this very question...if anyone knew if she had any interest. I also like the Payne choice, being a good coach and successful at NAU. I'll ask my Havre friends if they know if she would apply hahaha.

Sugar Bear 16 said:

I am 100% confident that your view is not right.

PlayerRep said:
Sugar Bear 16 said:

Well when a I talk to Kirk who I went to HS with and have known for over 30 years I will reconfirm how accurate my view is and not give a rip about your opinion or confidence PlayerRep.

Why can't they go outside waaay outside and find a worthy candidate?
bring in someone with a whole new recruiting base.

Sugar Bear 16 said:
PlayerRep said:
Sugar Bear 16 said:

Well when a I talk to Kirk who I went to HS with and have known for over 30 years I will reconfirm how accurate my view is and not give a rip about your opinion or confidence PlayerRep.

Great. Please report back to us. My source is actually better than Kirk.

I think Krista Redpath would be a great recruiter - problem is that she hasn't coached (not that I know of, anyway). I do hope that we do a national search - it will be interesting to see who surfaces. Katie Baker has had some great experience.

Mavman said:

Agree, time to break the mold, outside and new!

MTbest said:
Mavman said:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28991696/texas-women-basketball-coach-karen-aston-return-team%3Fplatform%3Damp&ved=2ahUKEwjipJT22M_oAhWSK80KHe-8BToQFjAgegQIERAB&usg=AOvVaw2AUkLow9okNAKkNW_bHQHK&ampcf=1
Someone like her fits the criteria, haslem would be an idiot if he didn't at least look into the possibility. Would be a home run for Montana.

braves84 said:
MTbest said:
Mavman said:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28991696/texas-women-basketball-coach-karen-aston-return-team%3Fplatform%3Damp&ved=2ahUKEwjipJT22M_oAhWSK80KHe-8BToQFjAgegQIERAB&usg=AOvVaw2AUkLow9okNAKkNW_bHQHK&ampcf=1
Someone like her fits the criteria, haslem would be an idiot if he didn't at least look into the possibility. Would be a home run for Montana.
That’s a pipe dream. She’ll land on her feet at another P5 school.

Back