• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New Griz

https://mobile.twitter.com/CameronParker23/status/1251669781205282817
Avg 10 pts 8 ast and holds NCAA record for assists in a game with 24. Likely to sit 1 play 2. GREAT get for TDC’s system.

God we’re gonna be absolutely stacked next year with or without him. Hopefully he can play next year but that seems unlikely.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jeffborzello/status/1251670120948211712
Another thing that this tells us along with the edition of Satterwhite(both of whom I assume will be scholarship players) means that either some people we think are on scholarship aren’t, or 2 guys are leaving. This doesn’t look to great for a guy like Eddy Egun who had inconsistent PT last season and a bunch of new competition next season. Well just have to wait and see.

UMFan12 said:
https://mobile.twitter.com/jeffborzello/status/1251670120948211712
Another thing that this tells us along with the edition of Satterwhite(both of whom I assume will be scholarship players) means that either some people we think are on scholarship aren’t, or 2 guys are leaving. This doesn’t look to great for a guy like Eddy Egun who had inconsistent PT last season and a bunch of new competition next season. Well just have to wait and see.

Egun is the most obvious one candidate but usually guys struggling to stay in the rotation transfer pretty quickly after the season, obviously Yagi didn't wait and Kelby and Ben Carter were gone by this time last year while more surprising transfers like Keron Deshields and Tony Miller were announced in May and August. Never want to lose anyone but I really hope it's not a surprise where we're losing someone we're really counting on this year.

Hell yeah!!! Can't wait to see how a pass 1st PG will do here. I'm a big advocate of pass 1st PG's. Hope his defense will meet DeCuire's expectations.

Exciting but... it means two playersI like won't be on the roster next September.

This is NOT a lineup, but a wild guess regarding position play.
Listed by minutes played or time listed on the team roster.

5 – Mack Anderson, Michael Steadman
4 – Kyle Owens, Darius Henderson, Josh Bannan
3 – Derek Carter-Hollinger, Hunter Clarke
2 – Timmy Falls, Eddy Egun, Naseem Gaskin, Cameron Satterwhite
1 – Josh Vazquez, Brandon Whitney, Robby Beasley, Cameron Parker

grizzlyjournal said:
Exciting but... it means two playersI like won't be on the roster next September.

My understanding is that Henderson is not on athletic scholarship.

grizzlyjournal said:

I count 16 there and that doesn’t count P. Jones and you can only have 15 so someone won’t be on the team. The scholarships I don’t even want to think about because I cannot make sense of it. It’s exciting to get new players but just hope it doesn’t mean someone already good on our team leaves.

dayday said:
grizzlyjournal said:

I count 16 there and that doesn’t count P. Jones and you can only have 15 so someone won’t be on the team. The scholarships I don’t even want to think about because I cannot make sense of it. It’s exciting to get new players but just hope it doesn’t mean someone already good on our team leaves.

payday I count 15 without Peter Jones. What am I missing?

They had 16 on the roster last year including walk-ons. I believe Cameron Johnson and Darius Henderson are not on basketball scholarships . We already know Peter Jones isn't.
By my count that makes 13 scholarship players and 3 walk ons.
Who actually gets to play this year and who has to sit ... Still trying to figure that out.

flatheadgriz406 said:
They had 16 on the roster last year including walk-ons. I believe Cameron Johnson and Darius Henderson are not on basketball scholarships . We already know Peter Jones isn't.
Who actually gets to play this year and who has to sit ... Still trying to figure that out.
Ps if this is true our walk-on situation is the best it has ever been ... Ever.

flatheadgriz406 said:

Now I am really confused. Who is Cameron Johnson? I have seen a Cameron Satterwhite and Cameron Parker mentioned but I don't see a Cameron Johnson. Can you please clarify this for me? Thanks!

Griz1 said:
flatheadgriz406 said:

Now I am really confused. Who is Cameron Johnson? I have seen a Cameron Satterwhite and Cameron Parker mentioned but I don't see a Cameron Johnson. Can you please clarify this for me? Thanks!
It seems likely that both transfer Camerons would be on scholarship.

In the NBA there is a roster limit of 15 but at the college level there is only the scholarship limit of 13. You could have another 13 walkons on your roster if you wanted.

The Tar Heels have so many that they still have a JV team but I don't know if any other D1 schools do that.

Griz1 said:
flatheadgriz406 said:

Sorry I ment Cameron Parker.

I assume basketball is different than football, no partial's. Only full rides on the scholarships?

Back