• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New Lady GRIZ commit

Here's a link to her recruitment story @ Three Rivers JC. Welcome to Montana, Hannah Thurmon!
Quoted from the linked story: Thurmon, who was named second-team All-Region 16, led the Lady Raiders with 72 3-pointers, shot a team-best 40% from 3-point range, paced the squad with 35 blocks and was second with 208 rebounds, while averaging 9.3 points.

http://www.raidersathletics.com/sports/wbkb/2019-20/releases/Dexter_graduate_Hannah_Thurmon_completes_whirlwind_journey-_signs_with_University_of_Montana

[media]https://twitter.com/quartzglen/status/1253918959918739457[/media]

Nice to see us broadening the recruiting area - congrats to Hannah for being willing to broaden her horizons by leaving Missouri and heading to Montana. I like the family picture and the tweets - looks to be a quality person. Welcome to Montana!

717s7e said:
GrizzlyJournal - thanks for keeping us all up to date!

I just connected the dots. Grizfan1984 got this scoop!

BUT, want to emphasize that this quote from Hannah hints at what else Montana coaches are working on : "While Thurmon isn’t sure of what her role will be, she anticipates a shot at the wing position.

“I may be more of a shooter,” she said. “They have some 5s coming in.'"

Should be a good replacement for Emma Stockholm. If Hannah can shoot 40% from the 3 point line, she will be better.

It's also nice they expanded to a different area of the country as she is from MO. The only other players east of Montana that I can remember have come from ND and MN and you can count them using only one hand.

Welcome young lady! May you flourish both as a student and an athlete! We wish you all the best on your continued journey into productive personhood!

Welcome young lady! May you flourish both as a student and an athlete! We wish you all the best on your continued journey into productive personhood!

Had a commitment to Univ of Cali Riverside and then got a number of other offers including Griz. Looks like a solid pick up

https://twitter.com/thurmonhannah/status/1251611652702732288?s=21

grizzlyjournal said:
717s7e said:
GrizzlyJournal - thanks for keeping us all up to date!

I just connected the dots. Grizfan1984 got this scoop!

BUT, want to emphasize that this quote from Hannah hints at what else Montana coaches are working on : "While Thurmon isn’t sure of what her role will be, she anticipates a shot at the wing position.

“I may be more of a shooter,” she said. “They have some 5s coming in.'"

That last sentence--"They have some 5's coming in"--caught my attention. To the best of my knowledge, no 5's have been announced so far. Could Thurmon be giving us a scoop?

Could this be the time my long-lost hopes for this program are revived?

Sophie,
You and Hannah are both from somewhat similar rural agricultural towns, albeit in totally different parts of the country. It would fun for you to invite Hannah to visit Malta so you could both compare notes on your lives so far.

Back