• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New Griz Hoops Locker Room ??

I'm pretty sure Kent Haslam said that construction would be postponed until next spring. I guess I understand why, but after MSU announced they were moving ahead with their new athletic complex I figured construction would continue as planned in Missoula as well.

Weirdly enough our project has been fully funded by private donors where as MSU's is going to rely partially on athletic department revenue for its financing so you would think that our project would be the one going forward in a time like this.

It’s my understanding that the new men’s locker room is either under construction or to begin soon. GBF14 is correct, the new locker room is being funded by private donations. At least that’s what I’ve been told. My speculation is that we’ve not heard much about it due to the uncertainty in the financial situation both in the athletic budget and the anticipation of lower student counts this fall.
Of course the anti-sports and anti-university crowd would want those committed dollars to roll over into the university budget. As a contributor to the new locker room my donation was specific to the locker room upgrade and nothing more.

Ya Kent said in a zoom call with Riley that they’re gonna hold off on the project until next year. Which makes absolutely no sense considering there’s nothing else going on in the athletic department right now. I just want them to get going on fundraising for the indoor football/track/soccer facility. It’ll be an absolute game changer.

Also surprising (or maybe telling), considering Gallatin County is by far the state's most infectious area of coronavirus with about 150 confirmed cases. I think it had Missoula county with 30 something cases.

Yep, just checked again. Outside, Gallatin and Yellowstone (with 82), none of the other 54 counties have even 40 cases as of the beginning of May.

DoubleNicks said:
Also surprising (or maybe telling), considering Gallatin County is by far the state's most infectious area of coronavirus with about 150 confirmed cases. I think it had Missoula county with 30 something cases.

Yep, just checked again. Outside, Gallatin and Yellowstone (with 82), none of the other 54 counties have even 40 cases as of the beginning of May.

Up until a few days ago, there weren't any active (reported) cases in Gallatin county and the two that did pop up were from W. Yellowstone and they had been out of state prior...

Back