• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Petrino Article

PlayerRep

"New Lady Griz coach wasting no time in making his mark"

""I've gotten so many nice emails from people that want to support the program," said Petrino, who served as a Lady Griz assistant coach the past four seasons. "Dozens of Lady Griz players and fans — it's just nice people are taking time to do that."

Morris-Nelson will be a junior and eligible to play immediately. Mills will have to sit out the 2020-21 season. She will then have one year of eligibility remaining.

They will be the first international scholarship players in program history.

We explored grad transfers but we couldn't find the right ones."

Stiles and Anderson should be even better than last winter after undergoing shoulder surgery.

As of Monday afternoon, he was hopeful that everyone who had eligibility remaining after the 2019-20 campaign, with the exceptions of Jamie Pickens and Gabi Harrington, will return.

Petrino and his staff of Jordan Sullivan, Nathan Covill and newly-promoted assistant Jace Henderson — Henderson was a grad assistant last year — intend to tackle the issue head on.

"Every coach is dealing with chemistry issues," he said. "The longer I'm in it, the more I believe chemistry is the X Factor.

"Chemistry either helps a team overachieve or underachieve. Getting people to buy into a group is more challenging than ever. It would be a worry even if we had everyone coming back. Chemistry would still be an important issue."

One thing is for certain: No one is going to outwork Petrino.

Whether that translates into wins and fans in the seats, no one knows for certain. But the future is looking a little brighter."

https://ravallirepublic.com/sports/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/article_0f8d93d0-8fd1-558c-b7c9-4aba9ed77c1c.html

...wondering which is bigger..better headline...
...griz add petrino to coaching family tree...
...petrinos add griz to coaching family tree...

... :shock: ...

Back