• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Big Sky Conf BB news

grizindabox

DONOR
Brenna Greene @BrennaGreene_
1m
The Big Sky has officially reduced their conference basketball games next year from 20 to 16 as a cost saving measure. This is a one year change. Member schools can replace the four games with non-conference games if they so choose.

If it turns out we have a full season, this is great news for me.

This means we can schedule more money games, and create a much higher profile nationally.

citay said:

This means we can schedule more money games, and create a much higher profile nationally.

Depends, most high profile schools probably have a complete schedule.

Money games are not going to be easy to come by, the PAC 12 moved to a 20 game conference schedule and less schools will be looking to cut big checks for money games while even more programs looking to schedule them.

I think this likely means more games against MSU-Northern and Great Falls, not so much on road games against power conference programs.

citay said:

I would think money games might be in the past until the economy gets back, couple of years or the fans come back.

DPGriz said:
Money games are not going to be easy to come by, the PAC 12 moved to a 20 game conference schedule and less schools will be looking to cut big checks for money games while even more programs looking to schedule them.

I think this likely means more games against MSU-Northern and Great Falls, not so much on road games against power conference programs.

MWC has also announced a 20 game conference schedule beginning in 2022 and have eliminated all non D1 games.

With the MWC eliminating the non D1 games that might help the Big Sky pick up a few MWC games in the future

Thank God North Dakota isn't in the conference anymore. No Colorado has never brought much to the dance, but they are now a bigger pariah then ever.

Zirg said:
Thank God North Dakota isn't in the conference anymore. No Colorado has never brought much to the dance, but they are now a bigger pariah then ever.

You gotta give kudos to N. CO. for their success in basketball! :thumb:

Dillon said:
Zirg said:

They are so Geographically isolated, and flying our golf and tennis and track teams and other non-revenue generating sports there is becoming more and more financially unfeasible.

Zirg said:
Dillon said:

They are so Geographically isolated, and flying our golf and tennis and track teams and other non-revenue generating sports there is becoming more and more financially unfeasible.

Greeley is 62 miles from Denver. How is flying into Denver and taking a one-hour bus ride to Greeley any worse than flying to Phoenix and taking a 143-mile bus ride to Flagstaff? Or flying into Las Vegas and taking a 170 mile bus ride to Cedar City? Or simply taking a 364-mile bus ride from Missoula to Pocatello?

Zirg said:
Dillon said:

So quick question, how often do you think the golf, tennis, or track team travels to Greeley to compete?

Back