Men's 2020-21 Basketball Schedule

Griz & Big Sky Conference Basketball
Hoops watcher

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. -H L Mencken
flatheadgriz406

Opening day schedule. Montana not on it :( msu playing at UNLV.

https://watchstadium.com/college-basket ... 1-04-2020/
GrizBall

Coach DeCuire just said during BSC media day that they have contracts signed with 2 PAC-12 and 1 SEC school for non-conference this year. He also said he was waiting for a signed contract from an additional PAC-12 school.
Griz til I die
eGriz Club

GrizBall wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:32 am
Coach DeCuire just said during BSC media day that they have contracts signed with 2 PAC-12 and 1 SEC school for non-conference this year. He also said he was waiting for a signed contract from an additional PAC-12 school.
The SEC is Georgia which is scheduled for December 8, via a Georgia press release this morning. I think we all are expecting one of the PAC-12’s to be Arizona. The other two PAC-12’s if I had to wager a guess would be Oregon and Washington, but those are just pure speculation on my part. He said the fifth game will likely be a home game or another high major game, maybe a mountain west???
I was told before the game started not to encourage the students to start my favorite chant, but you did it any way (FTC)- Bobby Hauck. UM Student and lifelong #1 Griz fan
Griz til I die
eGriz Club

Hey my pure speculation was right. Washington in December 16. https://gohuskies.com/news/2020/11/12/m ... edule.aspx
I was told before the game started not to encourage the students to start my favorite chant, but you did it any way (FTC)- Bobby Hauck. UM Student and lifelong #1 Griz fan
maroonandsilver
eGriz Club

Griz til I die wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:24 pm
Hey my pure speculation was right. Washington in December 16. https://gohuskies.com/news/2020/11/12/m ... edule.aspx
Oh good. An opportunity for Pac-12 refs to screw the Griz once again at U-Dub. ;)
Hoops watcher

Griz til I die wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:37 am
GrizBall wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:32 am
The SEC is Georgia which is scheduled for December 8, via a Georgia press release this morning. I think we all are expecting one of the PAC-12’s to be Arizona. The other two PAC-12’s if I had to wager a guess would be Oregon and Washington, but those are just pure speculation on my part. He said the fifth game will likely be a home game or another high major game, maybe a mountain west???
With the limited number of pre conference games they sure aren't going for easy W's.
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. -H L Mencken
citay

Looks like the Arizona game is still on.

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketbal ... me-tv-date
maroonandsilver
eGriz Club

The Cats announce all home games, Men's and Women's will be played without fans. How long before the Griz and BSC follow their lead?
DoubleNicks

maroonandsilver wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:56 am
The Cats announce all home games, Men's and Women's will be played without fans. How long before the Griz and BSC follow their lead?
Could UM just allow "upper bowl" seating? Wouldn't that satisfy the 6-feet-social-distance thing from the fans? Or would it still be too breath-y in an enclosed Dahlberg?
Hoops watcher

DoubleNicks wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:26 pm
maroonandsilver wrote:
Could UM just allow "upper bowl" seating? Wouldn't that satisfy the 6-feet-social-distance thing from the fans? Or would it still be too breath-y in an enclosed Dahlberg?
Common sense would seem to allow for limited amount of well spaced spectators that were they masked entering and leaving as well as when seated would have a very limited time and amount of prolonged exposure to possible plague carriers. In comparison to athletes competing face to face. Spectators like myself who can weigh the risks by having done research and deciding it would be a low chance of aquiring Kung Flu if reasonable measures are taken. But hey, where's the fun in that for our all knowing overlords.
Griz til I die
eGriz Club

And USC is the third PAC 12 team. USC and Washington are winnable games. In total, these for buy games total $255,000. Were not getting a ton of money from UW or USC, but its better then nothing. Now the question is, what do we decide to do with that 5th and final game?
https://t.co/l9A2Z7jrhC
grizindabox
eGriz Club

DoubleNicks wrote:
maroonandsilver wrote:
My understanding is that they are hoping that they can have a couple hundred fans spread out in the uppers....HOPE
One of the definitions of privilege is, thinking “the system works” because it worked FOR YOU.
DoubleNicks

Finally, an official GoGriz release: https://gogriz.com/news/2020/11/17/mens ... -play.aspx

2020-21 Montana Griz Basketball Schedule

Date Opponent Location
Saturday, Nov. 28 at USC Los Angeles, Calif.
Thursday, Dec. 3 at Southern Utah* Cedar City, Utah
Saturday, Dec. 5 at Southern Utah* Cedar City, Utah
Tuesday, Dec. 8 at Georgia Athens, Ga.
Wednesday, Dec. 15 at Washington Seattle, Wash.
Tuesday, Dec. 22 at Arizona Tucson, Ariz.
Thursday, Dec. 31 Northern Colorado* Missoula, Mont.
Saturday, Jan. 2 Northern Colorado* Missoula, Mont.
Thursday, Jan. 14 Northern Arizona* Missoula, Mont.
Saturday, Jan. 16 Northern Arizona* Missoula, Mont.
Thursday, Jan. 21 at Sacramento State* Sacramento, Calif.
Saturday, Jan. 23 at Sacramento State* Sacramento, Calif.
Thursday, Jan. 28 Montana State* Missoula, Mont.
Saturday, Jan. 30 Montana State* Bozeman, Mont.
Thursday, Feb. 4 at Portland State* Portland, Ore.
Saturday, Feb. 6 at Portland State* Portland, Ore.
Thursday, Feb. 11 Weber State* Missoula, Mont.
Saturday, Feb. 13 Weber State* Missoula, Mont.
Thursday, Feb. 18 at Eastern Washington* Cheney, Wash.
Saturday, Feb. 20 Eastern Washington* Missoula, Mont.
Thursday, Feb. 25 at Idaho State* Pocatello, Idaho
Saturday, Feb. 27 at Idaho State* Pocatello, Idaho
Thursday, March 4 Idaho* Missoula, Mont.
Saturday, March 6 Idaho* Missoula, Mont.
Wednesday, March 10 Big Sky Tournament [Round 1] Boise, Idaho
Thursday, March 11 Big Sky Tournament [Quarterfinals] Boise, Idaho
Friday, March 12 Big Sky Tournament [Semifinals] Boise, Idaho
Saturday, March 13 Big Sky Tournament [Finals] Boise, Idaho
DoubleNicks

He cautions fans that the current schedule won't be the final one, although even he is unsure what possible updates will look like.
So Montana is now at a point where it feels comfortable with the four it has on paper, and will continue to look to add one, two or up to three more non-conference games.
CleanHOUSE

We sure seem like we got a good deal, get to split with EWU and MSU and get double home games with Weber and UNCO. The only real rough spot looks like the two on the road vs PSU
Hoops watcher

grizindabox wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:42 pm
DoubleNicks wrote:

My understanding is that they are hoping that they can have a couple hundred fans spread out in the uppers....HOPE
Wonder what "science" they are using to come up with a couple hundred vs a thousand. You could easily scatter a thousand keeping the 6 foot spacing when they were seated and masked.
AZGrizFan
eGriz Club

Hoops watcher wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:54 pm
grizindabox wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:42 pm

Wonder what "science" they are using to come up with a couple hundred vs a thousand. You could easily scatter a thousand keeping the 6 foot spacing when they were seated and masked.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

“Science”

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Guns kill people like spoons make you fat.