• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2020-2021 Roster

flatheadgriz406 said:
I think Cameron Satterwhite is a grad transfer senior as well. Stedman Timmay and Cameron are the 3 SR.
Thanks, that’s my understanding as well. I fixed my post.

Bjorn Bjornstein said:
flatheadgriz406 said:
I think Cameron Satterwhite is a grad transfer senior as well. Stedman Timmay and Cameron are the 3 SR.
Thanks, that’s my understanding as well. I fixed my post.
We've got the talent to make a legit run at another BSC title and the second round of the NCAA tourney...assuming we even have a bball season.

GrizBall said:
Bjorn Bjornstein said:
Roster is up
https://gogriz.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster

Biggest question about personnel, beyond whether we have a normal season, is who red shirts (if anyone)

thoughts?

Satterwhite, Gaskin, Egun, Brown, Steadman, Jones and Henderson are the 7 that have already redshirted.

You would have to assume Owens, Falls, Vasquez, Carter-Hollinger and Parker are not redshirting.

That leaves Anderson and the 4 freshman as the only potential redshirt candidates.

GrizBall said:
GrizBall said:
Satterwhite, Gaskin, Egun, Brown, Steadman, Jones and Henderson are the 7 that have already redshirted.

You would have to assume Owens, Falls, Vasquez, Carter-Hollinger and Parker are not redshirting.

That leaves Anderson and the 4 freshman as the only potential redshirt candidates.
That's the group I'm wondering about. Sorry I wasn't clear to begin with.

In my opinion, it doesn't make sense for anyone but the 4 incoming freshmen to redshirt. Especially the guards. Unless they are playing out of their minds we are so deep, even with a 3 guard offense we run. If the Bannon outplays Mack maybe but he looks good this summer, much more confidant/decisive. It will be interesting to see though. Hope no one gets their feelers hurt. That being said Travis is very transparent about expectations and how playing time is earned. I don't think anyone is coming in with delusions of grandeur.

I'm looking forward to Mack graduating so the posters here can stop trying to redshirt him. He's already a junior, why would we redshirt him?

DPGriz said:
I'm looking forward to Mack graduating so the posters here can stop trying to redshirt him. He's already a junior, why would we redshirt him?

With a real possibility that he may not play much, why not?

grizindabox said:
DPGriz said:

Why wouldn't he play? He's a proven role player and has very little competition as a true big, and he's already a junior so it's not like a big step forward would be likely after taking a year off.

If he's not ready to play now, in his 3rd year in the program, why would he be ready in his 4th?

DPGriz said:
grizindabox said:

Why wouldn't he play? He's a proven role player and has very little competition as a true big, and he's already a junior so it's not like a big step forward would be likely after taking a year off.

If he's not ready to play now, in his 3rd year in the program, why would he be ready in his 4th?

I would say he is probably #5 on the list of bigs that will contribute. And watching him the last two years, another year of work wouldn't hurt and I think he could have a bigger impact the following two season.

Anderson won't redshirt, unless he gets injured. DeCuire loves defensive versatility. Anderson provides that. Anderson moves well for a tall defender. The team defense is better with him on the court. Anderson and Steadman make for solid posts, on both ends of the court. In my opinion, Anderson redshirting isn't in the cards.

grizindabox said:
DPGriz said:

I would say he is probably #5 on the list of bigs that will contribute. And watching him the last two years, another year of work wouldn't hurt and I think he could have a bigger impact the following two season.
Even at #5, which remains to be seen, there will be significant minutes. Can’t have too many “bigs” in the Big Sky.

AZGrizFan said:
Welp. 22 minutes a game just opened up at the guard position with the Falls departure.....

Based on his scholly being pulled earlier, I am not sure this is really that surprising. Seems that TD has something else in mind for those minutes.

Back