2020-2021 Roster

Griz & Big Sky Conference Basketball
User avatar
fanofzoo
Posts: 4070
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:08 am
Location: missoula

braves84 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:44 pm
AZGrizFan wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:57 pm
Welp. 22 minutes a game just opened up at the guard position with the Falls departure.....
Closer to almost 30 minutes a game, but I get your point.
With who we have coming in ......no problem
braves84
Posts: 949
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:19 pm

fanofzoo wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:56 pm
braves84 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:44 pm


Closer to almost 30 minutes a game, but I get your point.
With who we have coming in ......no problem
Agreed, I don't think they miss a beat if there is a season this year.
braves84
Posts: 949
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:19 pm

Where are all the falls apologists now, the ones who compared him to Jason "white chocolate" Williams or even Pete maravich .
Timmy falls is the kind of player most teams need, someone who will give you 12-15 minutes a game coming of the bench providing a burst of spark and energy, like he was backing up two of the best ever in oguine and rorie a couple years ago. not a guy who should be getting a consistent 30 minutes a game.
Why do you think dequire brought in all these transfers the last 2 years in the back court, because there was no depth behind the first 3 guys, hence why falls got all those minutes.
Guaranteed dequire would have redshirted vazquez last year if he had a choice, but he couldn't again no depth.
This year they should be no problem with that at all.
PlayerRep
Posts: 27944
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am

braves84 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:11 pm
Where are all the falls apologists now, the ones who compared him to Jason "white chocolate" Williams or even Pete maravich .
Timmy falls is the kind of player most teams need, someone who will give you 12-15 minutes a game coming of the bench providing a burst of spark and energy, like he was backing up two of the best ever in oguine and rorie a couple years ago. not a guy who should be getting a consistent 30 minutes a game.
Why do you think dequire brought in all these transfers the last 2 years in the back court, because there was no depth behind the first 3 guys, hence why falls got all those minutes.
Guaranteed dequire would have redshirted vazquez last year if he had a choice, but he couldn't again no depth.
This year they should be no problem with that at all.
You don't know what you're talking about, and obviously haven't talked to the coaches or anyone who has talked to them.
braves84
Posts: 949
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:19 pm

PlayerRep wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:31 pm
braves84 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:11 pm
Where are all the falls apologists now, the ones who compared him to Jason "white chocolate" Williams or even Pete maravich .
Timmy falls is the kind of player most teams need, someone who will give you 12-15 minutes a game coming of the bench providing a burst of spark and energy, like he was backing up two of the best ever in oguine and rorie a couple years ago. not a guy who should be getting a consistent 30 minutes a game.
Why do you think dequire brought in all these transfers the last 2 years in the back court, because there was no depth behind the first 3 guys, hence why falls got all those minutes.
Guaranteed dequire would have redshirted vazquez last year if he had a choice, but he couldn't again no depth.
This year they should be no problem with that at all.
You don't know what you're talking about, and obviously haven't talked to the coaches or anyone who has talked to them.
And your wrong yet again. Big f'ing surprise.
braves84
Posts: 949
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:19 pm

PlayerRep wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:31 pm
braves84 wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:11 pm
Where are all the falls apologists now, the ones who compared him to Jason "white chocolate" Williams or even Pete maravich .
Timmy falls is the kind of player most teams need, someone who will give you 12-15 minutes a game coming of the bench providing a burst of spark and energy, like he was backing up two of the best ever in oguine and rorie a couple years ago. not a guy who should be getting a consistent 30 minutes a game.
Why do you think dequire brought in all these transfers the last 2 years in the back court, because there was no depth behind the first 3 guys, hence why falls got all those minutes.
Guaranteed dequire would have redshirted vazquez last year if he had a choice, but he couldn't again no depth.
This year they should be no problem with that at all.
You don't know what you're talking about, and obviously haven't talked to the coaches or anyone who has talked to them.
You seriously don't think dequire noticed a huge problem with backcourt depth, why else do you think he brought in all the transfers? wow.
If you don't think most coaches unless at a high major or p5 school where a kid is a one and done would rather redshirt a kid and let him sit and learn and get adjusted to the college game than to rush him into action
Why do you think most successful mid/low majors starting line ups are mostly made up of upper classman?
PlayerRep
Posts: 27944
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am

braves84 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:54 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:31 pm


You don't know what you're talking about, and obviously haven't talked to the coaches or anyone who has talked to them.
You seriously don't think dequire noticed a huge problem with backcourt depth, why else do you think he brought in all the transfers? wow.
If you don't think most coaches unless at a high major or p5 school where a kid is a one and done would rather redshirt a kid and let him sit and learn and get adjusted to the college game than to rush him into action
Why do you think most successful mid/low majors starting line ups are mostly made up of upper classman?
A lot of good transfers were available. UM took them. Didn't have anything to do with Falls. Is my view.

Which good players for Griz hoops have redshirted in recent history? Most good players don't redshirt in this day and age.
braves84
Posts: 949
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:19 pm

PlayerRep wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:14 pm
braves84 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:54 pm

You seriously don't think dequire noticed a huge problem with backcourt depth, why else do you think he brought in all the transfers? wow.
If you don't think most coaches unless at a high major or p5 school where a kid is a one and done would rather redshirt a kid and let him sit and learn and get adjusted to the college game than to rush him into action
Why do you think most successful mid/low majors starting line ups are mostly made up of upper classman?
A lot of good transfers were available. UM took them. Didn't have anything to do with Falls. Is my view.

Which good players for Griz hoops have redshirted in recent history? Most good players don't redshirt in this day and age.
Weisner, Bradshaw and Samuelson... All of whom where big contributors their senior years.
braves84
Posts: 949
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:19 pm

PlayerRep wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:14 pm
braves84 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:54 pm

You seriously don't think dequire noticed a huge problem with backcourt depth, why else do you think he brought in all the transfers? wow.
If you don't think most coaches unless at a high major or p5 school where a kid is a one and done would rather redshirt a kid and let him sit and learn and get adjusted to the college game than to rush him into action
Why do you think most successful mid/low majors starting line ups are mostly made up of upper classman?
A lot of good transfers were available. UM took them. Didn't have anything to do with Falls. Is my view.

Which good players for Griz hoops have redshirted in recent history? Most good players don't redshirt in this day and age.
alot of good players redshirt.Mike daum from South Dakota state who graduated in 2019 redshirted his freshman year. He finished his career 7th all time on the NCAA scoring list.
Gonzaga from the wcc is still considered a mid-major consistently redshirts their kids, this past year they had 4 kids redshirted and 3 of them played big minutes.
Ndsu, sdsu teams in the summit league with recent success in the last 10 years consistently have 3-4 kids who redshirt.
GrizBall
Posts: 57
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:07 pm

PlayerRep wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:14 pm
braves84 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:54 pm

You seriously don't think dequire noticed a huge problem with backcourt depth, why else do you think he brought in all the transfers? wow.
If you don't think most coaches unless at a high major or p5 school where a kid is a one and done would rather redshirt a kid and let him sit and learn and get adjusted to the college game than to rush him into action
Why do you think most successful mid/low majors starting line ups are mostly made up of upper classman?
A lot of good transfers were available. UM took them. Didn't have anything to do with Falls. Is my view.

Which good players for Griz hoops have redshirted in recent history? Most good players don't redshirt in this day and age.
Both Rorie and Akoh redshirted. But I know that wasn’t your point.
DPGriz
Posts: 352
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:33 am

braves84 wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:38 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:14 pm


A lot of good transfers were available. UM took them. Didn't have anything to do with Falls. Is my view.

Which good players for Griz hoops have redshirted in recent history? Most good players don't redshirt in this day and age.
Weisner, Bradshaw and Samuelson... All of whom where big contributors their senior years.
Bradshaw was a big contributor as a senior, to bad he was contributing to Rocky Mountain College, he also had to redshirt because he was a transfer. Samuelson fits the criteria of a good player but that redshirt year did not work out for us, we just got lucky that he decided to come back.

I think Weisner is the last player to spend 5 years in the program and he got to Missoula 10 years ago. Maybe Egun will stay for 5 years but with the current transfer climate I don't think it's something we'll see a much of anymore.
braves84
Posts: 949
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:19 pm

DPGriz wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:02 pm
braves84 wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:38 pm

Weisner, Bradshaw and Samuelson... All of whom where big contributors their senior years.
Bradshaw was a big contributor as a senior, to bad he was contributing to Rocky Mountain College, he also had to redshirt because he was a transfer. Samuelson fits the criteria of a good player but that redshirt year did not work out for us, we just got lucky that he decided to come back.

I think Weisner is the last player to spend 5 years in the program and he got to Missoula 10 years ago. Maybe Egun will stay for 5 years but with the current transfer climate I don't think it's something we'll see a much of anymore.
O.k. .. Bradshaw redshirted 2012-2013. Played his last year in Missoula 2015-2016 which was his junior year.
He was still a contributor that year.
DPGriz
Posts: 352
Joined: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:33 am

braves84 wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:20 pm
DPGriz wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:02 pm


Bradshaw was a big contributor as a senior, to bad he was contributing to Rocky Mountain College, he also had to redshirt because he was a transfer. Samuelson fits the criteria of a good player but that redshirt year did not work out for us, we just got lucky that he decided to come back.

I think Weisner is the last player to spend 5 years in the program and he got to Missoula 10 years ago. Maybe Egun will stay for 5 years but with the current transfer climate I don't think it's something we'll see a much of anymore.
O.k. .. Bradshaw redshirted 2012-2013. Played his last year in Missoula 2015-2016 which was his junior year.
He was still a contributor that year.
6 mpg, 1 ppg, 28% fg that season. He redshirted because he was a transfer from Utah St, not because the staff decided they wanted him for an extra year.
braves84
Posts: 949
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:19 pm

PlayerRep wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:14 pm
braves84 wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:54 pm

You seriously don't think dequire noticed a huge problem with backcourt depth, why else do you think he brought in all the transfers? wow.
If you don't think most coaches unless at a high major or p5 school where a kid is a one and done would rather redshirt a kid and let him sit and learn and get adjusted to the college game than to rush him into action
Why do you think most successful mid/low majors starting line ups are mostly made up of upper classman?
A lot of good transfers were available. UM took them. Didn't have anything to do with Falls. Is my view.

Which good players for Griz hoops have redshirted in recent history? Most good players don't redshirt in this day and age.
If you don't think with the incoming transfer situation the last two years didn't have a factor in falls losing his scholarship or him walking away from the team for now wasn't a factor your f'ing delusional..
Of all the people on the roster why would dequire pull one from a player who has seen considerable time the last two years, If it didn't apply to falls?
Let's make a deal similar to the one I made with you on the football forum concerning Watson and toure and akem.
If falls is back on the team, i say his minutes per game are down from the 29.5 he got last year, you on the other hand don't think falls was a factor in dequires decision to bring in more depth, so logic says you don't think his minutes will change if he's on the team.
Are you willing to admit you were wrong on here, i doubt it.
User avatar
PeauxRouge
Posts: 8151
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:14 pm

Who is Dequire?
braves84
Posts: 949
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:19 pm

PeauxRouge wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:25 am
Who is Dequire?
Wonderd how long someone would pick up on that?
Kinda like Karsten wince, Jeff choach,Trey lunce or Undsu and undf
See how that works.🙄
Last edited by braves84 on Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
PlayerRep
Posts: 27944
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am

braves84 wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:59 am
PlayerRep wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:14 pm


A lot of good transfers were available. UM took them. Didn't have anything to do with Falls. Is my view.

Which good players for Griz hoops have redshirted in recent history? Most good players don't redshirt in this day and age.
If you don't think with the incoming transfer situation the last two years didn't have a factor in falls losing his scholarship or him walking away from the team for now wasn't a factor your f'ing delusional..
Of all the people on the roster why would dequire pull one from a player who has seen considerable time the last two years, If it didn't apply to falls?
Let's make a deal similar to the one I made with you on the football forum concerning Watson and toure and akem.
If falls is back on the team, i say his minutes per game are down from the 29.5 he got last year, you on the other hand don't think falls was a factor in dequires decision to bring in more depth, so logic says you don't think his minutes will change if he's on the team.
Are you willing to admit you were wrong on here, i doubt it.
Falls stepping away now had little or nothing to do with those factors. I was told that the scholarship was moved to a new player, because the coaches knew that Falls' family had enough money to pay for Falls to attend school. I assume they were prepared to lose him too.

I said nothing about playing time, but Falls would have been a big contributor this season, in my view, and it's a loss not to have him for the season. You sure like to move goal posts, to something no one has said, and then try to argue the different point.

How about this? Let's see which of us is right about why Falls stepped away from the program?

A different topic, but a Roundball Club member told me that Falls was the most popular player on the team last year. My wife certainly would agree with that.
braves84
Posts: 949
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:19 pm

I was saying the same thing last year too
You were endorsing that falls should be getting starter minutes all last year , remember this thread from last year.posting.php?mode=quote&f=2&p=1414767
maroonandsilver
eGriz Club
Posts: 1863
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:25 am

DPGriz wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:02 pm
braves84 wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:38 pm

Weisner, Bradshaw and Samuelson... All of whom where big contributors their senior years.
Bradshaw was a big contributor as a senior, to bad he was contributing to Rocky Mountain College, he also had to redshirt because he was a transfer. Samuelson fits the criteria of a good player but that redshirt year did not work out for us, we just got lucky that he decided to come back.

I think Weisner is the last player to spend 5 years in the program and he got to Missoula 10 years ago. Maybe Egun will stay for 5 years but with the current transfer climate I don't think it's something we'll see a much of anymore.
My most reliable source says that Egun is now a walk-on.
Post Reply