Timmy Falls steps away from Griz hoops

Griz & Big Sky Conference Basketball
PlayerRep
Posts: 28050
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am

HelenaHandBasket wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:31 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:15 pm


Okay, name the gentleman giving me most of the information.
I won't do that, but to approach this a different way, is this gentleman close to any of the coaching staff or closer to the player? Pretty sure I know which side he is closer too.
He’s in the Roundball Club, knows all the coaches and knows the player a bit.
PlayerRep
Posts: 28050
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am

HelenaHandBasket wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:31 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:15 pm


Okay, name the gentleman giving me most of the information.
I won't do that, but to approach this a different way, is this gentleman close to any of the coaching staff or closer to the player? Pretty sure I know which side he is closer too.
Oops
Last edited by PlayerRep on Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
UMFan12
Posts: 162
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:49 pm

GrizBall wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:04 pm
UMFan12 wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:17 pm

1-Falls isn’t an off the ball player
2-Both Satterwhite and Gaskin are better shooters
3-Gaskin is a better athlete, bigger
4-Satterwhite can defend almost anybody you want him too, you think Falls could defend, wait until you see this kid
5-Falls can be turnover prone, and having him as a starter alongside Parker, another turnover prone playmaker wouldn’t be a good idea.
6-Falls fits better off the bench for the exact reason I stated above
That good enough for you?
And before you even mention Gaskins shooting, Timmy was as inconsistent as it gets, Gaskin before leaving Utah was mentioned as there most improved outside shooter.
I agree with everything but 1 & 2. I don’t believe Falls proved in his three years that he could be a starting PG on a BSC championship team. However, he is more than capable of being a SG/slashing wing/back-up PG on a BSC Champion.

In regards to 3 point shooting, we have no statistics on Gaskin and there is nothing in Satterwhite’s 3 year career vs. Falls’ 3 year career to indicate that Satterwhite is the better 3 point shooter.
I can see why you’d disagree with me looking at Satterwhites career statistics, but Satterwhite shot 38% for 3 on 79 attempts last year(over 2 3PA per game). He was one of the better shooters on a team that was loaded with shooters last year.(NAU)
PlayerRep
Posts: 28050
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am

UMFan12 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:24 am
GrizBall wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:04 pm


I agree with everything but 1 & 2. I don’t believe Falls proved in his three years that he could be a starting PG on a BSC championship team. However, he is more than capable of being a SG/slashing wing/back-up PG on a BSC Champion.

In regards to 3 point shooting, we have no statistics on Gaskin and there is nothing in Satterwhite’s 3 year career vs. Falls’ 3 year career to indicate that Satterwhite is the better 3 point shooter.
I can see why you’d disagree with me looking at Satterwhites career statistics, but Satterwhite shot 38% for 3 [so did Falls last season] on 79 attempts last year(over 2 3PA per game). He was one of the better shooters on a team that was loaded with shooters last year.(NAU)
Satterwhite and Falls shot almost the same percentage last year. And falls started the season with an injury that affected his shooting.

Satterwhite had way more turnovers per minute than Falls.

Falls shot 41.5% from 3 during the conference, and 38% from the 3 for season, last season. 41% from 3 as a soph (43% in conference) and 34.7 as a frosh (and 40% ion conference).

In Satterwhite's 2 seasons at Loyola, from 3, he shot 20% (4-19) as a soph, He had 21 assists and 21 TO, In his frosh year, he shot 27.5% from 3 (11-40). He 18 assists and 20 TO.

So, for his 2 years at Loyola, he shot 25% from 3 (15-59).

His 3 point shooting in his first 2 years were way worse than Falls.

You are just making up stuff.
Last edited by PlayerRep on Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
UMFan12
Posts: 162
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:49 pm

PlayerRep wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:34 am
UMFan12 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:24 am

I can see why you’d disagree with me looking at Satterwhites career statistics, but Satterwhite shot 38% for 3 on 79 attempts last year(over 2 3PA per game). He was one of the better shooters on a team that was loaded with shooters last year.(NAU)
Satterwhite and Falls shot almost the same percentage last year. And falls started the season with an injury that affected his shooting.

Satterwhite had way more turnovers per minute than Falls.

Falls shot 41,.5% from 3 during the conference, and 38% from the 3 for season.

You are just making up stuff.
You straight up never admit when you are wrong. Satterwhite is abetter athlete, a better defender, he’s faster, he’s bigger, and he is a better shooter. He doesn’t struggle with inconsistency because his shot has backspin like it is supposed to. Falls would go 0/3 one game and 2/2 the next. You can’t have that if you want to be good down the line, because one of his bad games comes at the wrong time, and boom he just costed you your season. There is a reason his scholarship waa taken, and obviously you don’t see it, but the coaching staff sure did.
PlayerRep
Posts: 28050
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am

UMFan12 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:28 am
PlayerRep wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:34 am


Satterwhite and Falls shot almost the same percentage last year. And falls started the season with an injury that affected his shooting.

Satterwhite had way more turnovers per minute than Falls.

Falls shot 41,.5% from 3 during the conference, and 38% from the 3 for season.

You are just making up stuff.
You straight up never admit when you are wrong. Satterwhite is abetter athlete, a better defender, he’s faster, he’s bigger, and he is a better shooter. He doesn’t struggle with inconsistency because his shot has backspin like it is supposed to. Falls would go 0/3 one game and 2/2 the next. You can’t have that if you want to be good down the line, because one of his bad games comes at the wrong time, and boom he just costed you your season. There is a reason his scholarship waa taken, and obviously you don’t see it, but the coaching staff sure did.
You are the one who is wrong. Look at the 3-pt shooting stats. Satterwhite is not a better shooter. Jeez, look at the stats, which I updated in my prior post. He's only 2 inches taller and the same weight.

How can you say that a player who shot 38% from 3 last season, and 20% and 27.5% and in his prior to seasons; is a better 3 point shooter than someone who shot 38% from 3 last season and 35% and 41%i n his prior to seasons?

Again, you make up all your stats and say things that are not true. You are zero credibility.
braves84
Posts: 949
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:19 pm

HelenaHandBasket wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:27 pm
PlayerRep wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:21 pm


Nope, you are. I explained my reasoning. Let's see yours.
You are right, the guy that lost his scholly was going to start in front of kids that were deemed important enough to have a scholly. My bad. We won't even get into that Timmy was below average offensively and overrated defensively.
Your going down a rabbit hole with this guy....no matter what sound logic or information you have to back up your opinion he is going to keep it up.

He'll have his opinion, and if you think differently than him, your either an idiot or have zero credibility with this guy.

It simply can't be that this guy is wrong from time to time.
PlayerRep
Posts: 28050
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am

GrizBall wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:56 pm
Washgrizfan1 wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:51 pm


When/where did Travis say this was the deepest team he ever coached last UM?
Tootell and Nuanez - July 1 Podcast. Starting at the 24 minute mark.
Just listened to it. Thx. More near 30 minute mark. https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/t ... 0481713384

Travis said they lost 3 seniors and all of last year's leadership.Have "so many talented\ players", but lots of new players and the team is young. Don't know who will step up and earn starting role and minutes. Haven't been around the players for 3 months. Just starting to talk to them around July 1.Can't interact with players, per ncaa rules, until July 20.

Probably not as talented at the top, as prior years, especially Rorie et al's last year. Then talked about top 5 or top 8, meaning not as talented as years in the past. . But said there's aot of talent in 9, 10, 11, 12 and 14 spots. Deep. Not player's were mentioned in this part of the segment.
PlayerRep
Posts: 28050
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am

braves84 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:50 am
HelenaHandBasket wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:27 pm


You are right, the guy that lost his scholly was going to start in front of kids that were deemed important enough to have a scholly. My bad. We won't even get into that Timmy was below average offensively and overrated defensively.
Your going down a rabbit hole with this guy....no matter what sound logic or information you have to back up your opinion he is going to keep it up.

He'll have his opinion, and if you think differently than him, your either an idiot or have zero credibility with this guy.

It simply can't be that this guy is wrong from time to time.
Show us the stats that back up that Satterwhite is better 3 point shooter than Falls?

Show us the stats that show that Satterwhite is not more turnover prone than Falls.

Show us the stats that Satterwhite is more experienced than Falls.

Why don't you try to back up what you're saying or your view, instead of posting about me.

If the coaches haven't been around the players for 3 months, and given Travis' saying that they don't know who will step up and start and earn the playing minutes. how can you conclude that these 2 new guys would have started in front of Falls.

You often have strong opinions, but rarely can justify or back them up. You don't seem to have much substance or much real knowledge of football or basketball. Just another big mouth who usually can't back up what he says. No credibility.
braves84
Posts: 949
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:19 pm

PlayerRep wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:10 am
braves84 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:50 am


Your going down a rabbit hole with this guy....no matter what sound logic or information you have to back up your opinion he is going to keep it up.

He'll have his opinion, and if you think differently than him, your either an idiot or have zero credibility with this guy.

It simply can't be that this guy is wrong from time to time.
Show us the stats that back up that Satterwhite is better 3 point shooter than Falls?

Show us the stats that show that Satterwhite is not more turnover prone than Falls.

Show us the stats that Satterwhite is more experienced than Falls.

Why don't you try to back up what you're saying or your view, instead of posting about me.

If the coaches haven't been around the players for 3 months, and given Travis' saying that they don't know who will step up and start and earn the playing minutes. how can you conclude that these 2 new guys would have started in front of Falls.

You often have strong opinions, but rarely can justify or back them up. You don't seem to have much substance or much real knowledge of football or basketball. Just another big mouth who usually can't back up what he says. No credibility.
In the past I, and many others have shown plenty of evidence to back up their comments or statements but it doesn't meet your "standards"

All you do is question the credibility of the article of the person who wrote the article, no matter who they write for.

Your last sentence backs up what I just said.

Just because I'm not a ego-manical, jock sniffing narcissist in his mid to late 60's who brags about hanging out with people 30 to 40 years younger doesn't mean I know any less than you.

Deal with it.
Deal with it.
UMFan12
Posts: 162
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:49 pm

PlayerRep wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:10 am
braves84 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:50 am


Your going down a rabbit hole with this guy....no matter what sound logic or information you have to back up your opinion he is going to keep it up.

He'll have his opinion, and if you think differently than him, your either an idiot or have zero credibility with this guy.

It simply can't be that this guy is wrong from time to time.
Show us the stats that back up that Satterwhite is better 3 point shooter than Falls?

Show us the stats that show that Satterwhite is not more turnover prone than Falls.

Show us the stats that Satterwhite is more experienced than Falls.

Why don't you try to back up what you're saying or your view, instead of posting about me.

If the coaches haven't been around the players for 3 months, and given Travis' saying that they don't know who will step up and start and earn the playing minutes. how can you conclude that these 2 new guys would have started in front of Falls.

You often have strong opinions, but rarely can justify or back them up. You don't seem to have much substance or much real knowledge of football or basketball. Just another big mouth who usually can't back up what he says. No credibility.
I’ll try to put this as nicely as possible. The coaching staff TOOK his scholarship and GAVE it to Satterwhite. The coaching staff KNOWS more than YOU do. Last season, Satterwhite shot 38% for 3 on 79 attempts, while being NAUs best defender. Last season, Timmy falls shot 38% on 20 LESS shots than Satterwhite did. Satterwhite shoots just as well on MUCH higher volume. 20 shots is almost an extra three attempted per game. You see, when judging a player, you go off the previous season, because players DEVELOP, so using career stats to say Timmy is the better shooter is unfair as Satterwhite vastly IMPROVED on every single part of his game. He’s on scholly for a reason. Get that through your head. Timmy didn’t have a spot anymore. Simple.
Also, Timmy may have been the most overrated defender I have ever seen. He moved his feet sometimes, but others he’d get mad and give away a frustration foul. He averaged 3.5 fouls PER GAME last year. Not to mention that he shot just 65 percent from the line. But I can’t possibly be right, PR is right about everything.
Last edited by UMFan12 on Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PlayerRep
Posts: 28050
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am

braves84 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:45 am
PlayerRep wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:10 am


Show us the stats that back up that Satterwhite is better 3 point shooter than Falls?

Show us the stats that show that Satterwhite is not more turnover prone than Falls.

Show us the stats that Satterwhite is more experienced than Falls.

Why don't you try to back up what you're saying or your view, instead of posting about me.

If the coaches haven't been around the players for 3 months, and given Travis' saying that they don't know who will step up and start and earn the playing minutes. how can you conclude that these 2 new guys would have started in front of Falls.

You often have strong opinions, but rarely can justify or back them up. You don't seem to have much substance or much real knowledge of football or basketball. Just another big mouth who usually can't back up what he says. No credibility.
In the past I, and many others have shown plenty of evidence to back up their comments or statements but it doesn't meet your "standards"

All you do is question the credibility of the article of the person who wrote the article, no matter who they write for.

Your last sentence backs up what I just said.

Just because I'm not a ego-manical, jock sniffing narcissist in his mid to late 60's who brags about hanging out with people 30 to 40 years younger doesn't mean I know any less than you.

Deal with it.
Deal with it.
No, you rarely provide backup for your statements. You are a big-mouth who thinks people might care what you think. You are a joke on egriz.

Who have I bragged about having out with people 30-40 years younger than I? I suppose you doh't know that I have 5 kids, and they know a lot of people their ages.
PlayerRep
Posts: 28050
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:06 am

UMFan12 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:48 am
PlayerRep wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:10 am


Show us the stats that back up that Satterwhite is better 3 point shooter than Falls?

Show us the stats that show that Satterwhite is not more turnover prone than Falls.

Show us the stats that Satterwhite is more experienced than Falls.

Why don't you try to back up what you're saying or your view, instead of posting about me.

If the coaches haven't been around the players for 3 months, and given Travis' saying that they don't know who will step up and start and earn the playing minutes. how can you conclude that these 2 new guys would have started in front of Falls.

You often have strong opinions, but rarely can justify or back them up. You don't seem to have much substance or much real knowledge of football or basketball. Just another big mouth who usually can't back up what he says. No credibility.
I’ll try to put this as nicely as possible. The coaching staff TOOK his scholarship and GAVE it to Satterwhite. The coaching staff KNOWS more than YOU do. Last season, Satterwhite shot 38% for 3 on 79 attempts, while being NAUs best defender. Last season, Timmy falls shot 38% on 20 LESS shots than Satterwhite did. Satterwhite shoots just as well on MUCH higher volume. 20 shots is almost an extra three attempted per game. You see, when judging a player, you go off the previous season, because players DEVELOP, so using career stats to say Timmy is the better shooter is unfair as Satterwhite vastly IMPROVED on every single part of his game. He’s on scholly for a reason. Get that through your head. Timmy didn’t have a spot anymore. Simple.
Again, the 2 shot the same three-point percentage last year. Falls had much more playing time and experience last year and in the past, and played a bigger role on a better team last year. Do you really think that 20 less shots is a big deal? The 2 shot about the same overall shooting percentage last year.

What's your evidence, or basis for saying, that Satterwhite was the best defender on NAU's team last year?

Why didn't Satterwhite start more games for NAU?

I think Falls' scholarship went to Parker, not Satterwhite.
UMFan12
Posts: 162
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:49 pm

PlayerRep wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 1:11 pm
UMFan12 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:48 am

I’ll try to put this as nicely as possible. The coaching staff TOOK his scholarship and GAVE it to Satterwhite. The coaching staff KNOWS more than YOU do. Last season, Satterwhite shot 38% for 3 on 79 attempts, while being NAUs best defender. Last season, Timmy falls shot 38% on 20 LESS shots than Satterwhite did. Satterwhite shoots just as well on MUCH higher volume. 20 shots is almost an extra three attempted per game. You see, when judging a player, you go off the previous season, because players DEVELOP, so using career stats to say Timmy is the better shooter is unfair as Satterwhite vastly IMPROVED on every single part of his game. He’s on scholly for a reason. Get that through your head. Timmy didn’t have a spot anymore. Simple.
Again, the 2 shot the same three-point percentage last year. Falls had much more playing time and experience last year and in the past, and played a bigger role on a better team last year. Do you really think that 20 less shots is a big deal? The 2 shot about the same overall shooting percentage last year.

What's your evidence, or basis for saying, that Satterwhite was the best defender on NAU's team last year?

Why didn't Satterwhite start more games for NAU?

I think Falls' scholarship went to Parker, not Satterwhite.
1-How is 20 less shots not a big deal when talking efficiency? The entire notion of you questioning this is a little redicilous. 20 shots makes a pretty big difference considering timmy took 60 total.
2-Gee, I don’t know, maybe because Burcar had said on multiple occasions that he was their best and most versatile defender, and when he left the local reporters were writing stories about the departures of Andre and Satterwhite, and questioned who was going to guard other teams best player with Satterwhite gone.
braves84
Posts: 949
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:19 pm

PlayerRep wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:41 pm
braves84 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:45 am


In the past I, and many others have shown plenty of evidence to back up their comments or statements but it doesn't meet your "standards"

All you do is question the credibility of the article of the person who wrote the article, no matter who they write for.

Your last sentence backs up what I just said.

Just because I'm not a ego-manical, jock sniffing narcissist in his mid to late 60's who brags about hanging out with people 30 to 40 years younger doesn't mean I know any less than you.

Deal with it.
Deal with it.
No, you rarely provide backup for your statements. You are a big-mouth who thinks people might care what you think. You are a joke on egriz.

Who have I bragged about having out with people 30-40 years younger than I? I suppose you doh't know that I have 5 kids, and they know a lot of people their ages.
Falls, qvale, Reynolds Mariani, t. Johnson, Quinn need I go on ...
As far as being a joke, guess whose on the top of that list.
Here's a hint, two of them claim to live in sanfranzoola and the other is a out of work comedian from Butte.mt.
Locked