Griz & Big Sky Conference Basketball
fanofzoo

He's excited ? What about us !
Griz til I die
eGriz Club

fanofzoo wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:01 am
Ecstatic! I'm disappointed that we lost football for the year, (I believe there won't be a spring season) but I'm very excited about this basketball team. I'd say we're the Big Sky preseason favorites to win the Conference. The only spot on the floor that kind of concerns me is point guard. I believe all we have is Vasquez. We lost Timmy and Gaskin so hopefully one of the freshmen (or somebody else) will be ready to step up.
I was told before the game started not to encourage the students to start my favorite chant, but you did it any way (FTC)- Bobby Hauck. UM Student and lifelong #1 Griz fan
Hoops watcher

Griz til I die wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:04 pm
fanofzoo wrote:
Ecstatic! I'm disappointed that we lost football for the year, (I believe there won't be a spring season) but I'm very excited about this basketball team. I'd say we're the Big Sky preseason favorites to win the Conference. The only spot on the floor that kind of concerns me is point guard. I believe all we have is Vasquez. We lost Timmy and Gaskin so hopefully one of the freshmen (or somebody else) will be ready to step up.
I think you are forgetting about this guy https://gogriz.com/sports/mens-basketba ... itney/5630 and this guy https://gogriz.com/sports/mens-basketba ... arker/5632. I think we're fine at the point the next couple years. I bet Beasley can fill in as well. Count me in the can't wait crew.
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. -H L Mencken
fanofzoo

Griz til I die wrote:
fanofzoo wrote:
Probably spend too much time thinking about what could of been, need to let that go.
Griz til I die
eGriz Club

Hoops watcher wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:58 pm
Griz til I die wrote:

I think you are forgetting about this guy https://gogriz.com/sports/mens-basketba ... itney/5630 and this guy https://gogriz.com/sports/mens-basketba ... arker/5632. I think we're fine at the point the next couple years. I bet Beasley can fill in as well. Count me in the can't wait crew.
Ya I guess for whatever reason I thought Parker was a shooting guard, but I agree that I think he’ll do a nice job. I don’t know too much about Brandon Whitney, but I’m sure he’s pretty good too. I think he may see limited action with Parker and Vasquez in front of him, but we’ll see.
I was told before the game started not to encourage the students to start my favorite chant, but you did it any way (FTC)- Bobby Hauck. UM Student and lifelong #1 Griz fan
Griz til I die
eGriz Club

fanofzoo wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:13 pm
Griz til I die wrote:

Probably spend too much time thinking about what could of been, need to let that go.
I agree. The losses suck but we still have a very capable group that I’m excited to see play.
dayday
eGriz Club

I hope any player is excited to play :P

Don’t forget about Eddy Egun. He’s going to be part of the guard rotation and I’ve heard he’s taking a big step in his development.
gotgame75
eGriz Club

Griz til I die wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:46 pm
Hoops watcher wrote:

Ya I guess for whatever reason I thought Parker was a shooting guard, but I agree that I think he’ll do a nice job. I don’t know too much about Brandon Whitney, but I’m sure he’s pretty good too. I think he may see limited action with Parker and Vasquez in front of him, but we’ll see.
The reality is Timmy's job was most likely losing his job to Parker regardless of whether or not he stayed. The writing was on the wall when Timmy got his scholarship yanked and Parker received one instead. Travis is VERY HIGH on Parker to say the least. In the end, I think the writing was on the wall and coaches felt they couldn't rely on Timmy's continued presence on the court. He had to take summer school to remain eligible for this season and decided playing golf was his priority instead. I wish the guy well, but he had more than enough opportunities to get his act together and it just did not happen.

I like the energy Falls brought to the court, but he clearly had some distractions in his personal life that were preventing 100% buy in. Personally, I'll take Parker's potential all day over the distraction Falls became to the program.
Hoops watcher

dayday wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:27 am
I hope any player is excited to play :P

Don’t forget about Eddy Egun. He’s going to be part of the guard rotation and I’ve heard he’s taking a big step in his development.
Excellent point, Mr. Egun has shown flashes of his offensive potential . If he puts it all together look out.
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. -H L Mencken
Hoops watcher

Griz til I die wrote:
Hoops watcher wrote:

A lot of new faces, a lot of potential. Even more than last year when we knew who the go to guys were. Should be fun to see.
Hoops watcher

gotgame75 wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:58 am
Griz til I die wrote:

The reality is Timmy's job was most likely losing his job to Parker regardless of whether or not he stayed. The writing was on the wall when Timmy got his scholarship yanked and Parker received one instead. Travis is VERY HIGH on Parker to say the least. In the end, I think the writing was on the wall and coaches felt they couldn't rely on Timmy's continued presence on the court. He had to take summer school to remain eligible for this season and decided playing golf was his priority instead. I wish the guy well, but he had more than enough opportunities to get his act together and it just did not happen.

I like the energy Falls brought to the court, but he clearly had some distractions in his personal life that were preventing 100% buy in. Personally, I'll take Parker's potential all day over the distraction Falls became to the program.
Water under the bridge. :dead:
AllWeatherFan
eGriz Club

Sounds like Whitney is lightning quick!
Turn up the Eagles, the neighbors are listening.
gotgame75
eGriz Club

Hoops watcher wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:17 pm
gotgame75 wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:58 am

Maybe, but it was germane to the comment being made, which was questioning the status of the PG position in the wake of Timmy’s departure. Just saying we’re going to be fine...
Hoops watcher

gotgame75 wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:32 pm
Hoops watcher wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:17 pm

Maybe, but it was germane to the comment being made, which was questioning the status of the PG position in the wake of Timmy’s departure. Just saying we’re going to be fine...
Agree the point will be in good hands. I was a Timmy fan, just ready to move on and ponder the new 1s.