Ray Nose died

Griz & Big Sky Conference Basketball
717s7e

For those of you who have been around Griz hoops for years, you may remember Ray Nose. He recently died at age 70. He was the "developmentally challenged" guy who hung around Griz basketball and regularly swept the floor. He had various odd jobs around town and was friends with many locals. He wasn't a show-off - he genuinely loved to help. He was a super fan.
Hoops watcher

Sad news.
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. -H L Mencken
Proud Griz Man
eGriz Club

good guy - the athletes from Sentinel loved him - sounds like Ray loved his bowling hobby.
717s7e wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:52 am
For those of you who have been around Griz hoops for years, you may remember Ray Nose. He recently died at age 70. He was the "developmentally challenged" guy who hung around Griz basketball and regularly swept the floor. He had various odd jobs around town and was friends with many locals. He wasn't a show-off - he genuinely loved to help. He was a super fan.
first11

I remember him well. A fixture at griz bb games with the broom. Genuine!
Dillon

If I remember Him correctly he had a bit of a limp when sweeping the floor. He seemed to be full of life!
maroonandsilver
eGriz Club

I remember when Ray was working at the Elbow Room as janitor when his bike (and sole transportation) got stolen. The patrons collected money and presented Ray with a very nice replacement bike.
Hoops watcher

maroonandsilver wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:18 am
I remember when Ray was working at the Elbow Room as janitor when his bike (and sole transportation) got stolen. The patrons collected money and presented Ray with a very nice replacement bike.
I was a regular back in those days when Ray also hung around there and remember that. Doesn't seem that long ago at times,

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=th ... &FORM=VIRE
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. -H L Mencken
fanofzoo

Would always hang with our Charlie B's softball team, see you on the other side.