• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bill Speltz on Montana Lady Griz

HookedonGriz

DONOR
AzmirAhmmhed said:
The Missoulian's Bill Speltz -- more than any coverage reporter with an insider's lens -- has interviewed, written game stories, and taken an analytical view in opinion-columns on the Montana Lady Griz for more than 15 seasons (I'm estimating, but think I'm close). His latest column (link below) is one of his most emotional, by my standards. But emotions aside, today's analysis by Mr. Speltz may be one of his most powerful, and most important with regard to the Montana women's program.

Regardless of your views concerning the Montana women's basketball right now, it's worth reading the perspective of a beat reporter-editor who knows the Lady Griz program better than anyone I know. Good Stuff. Go Montana.

You forgot the link :)

HookedonGriz said:
AzmirAhmmhed said:
The Missoulian's Bill Speltz -- more than any coverage reporter with an insider's lens -- has interviewed, written game stories, and taken an analytical view in opinion-columns on the Montana Lady Griz for more than 15 seasons (I'm estimating, but think I'm close). His latest column (link below) is one of his most emotional, by my standards. But emotions aside, today's analysis by Mr. Speltz may be one of his most powerful, and most important with regard to the Montana women's program.

Regardless of your views concerning the Montana women's basketball right now, it's worth reading the perspective of a beat reporter-editor who knows the Lady Griz program better than anyone I know. Good Stuff. Go Montana.

You forgot the link :)

This is the last article regarding Lady Griz that Speltz wrote:

https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/bill-speltz-politicians-should-take-a-page-from-the-grizzlies-and-bobcats/article_d0933d3c-1af4-569f-b119-42f0e44752f7.html

Pretty sure AzmirAhmmhed is a bored troll or a time traveler who has lost track of time...or both. Suspicious spoiler alert, but when I get a time machine, my main objective will be to come back on eGriz to troll others.

Here's their very first post....a month after the bball season ended.
https://egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85318&p=1444036#p1444036

https://egriz.com/grizboard/search.php?author_id=18089&sr=posts
Their other posts were just as random considering the timeframe of the posts and consequently didn't garner many replies.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reminiscent of WestonMicah and these two dandies (look at posting dates):
https://egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85296&p=1443500#p1443500
It's Michael Oguine of the Montana Grizzlies. We just punched our ticket to the NCAA Tournament last night so AMA!
Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:22 am
A little bit about me: I'm a junior guard from Los Angeles, California. I was named MVP of the Big Sky Conference Tournament and Defensive Player of the Year for the regular season.

I'm at the airport right now with my team heading back to Missoula to watch Selection Sunday at a restaurant next to campus. I'd love to answer any and all questions y'all have about going to the tournament or being a college basketball player in general. Ask away!

Edit: Wow thanks for all the questions so far! I'm about to get on the plane back to campus soon so I'll answer as many questions as I can when I land.

Edit #2: I'm back in Missoula now so I'll be answering some more of your questions as the selection show approaches.

https://egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=85275&p=1442907#p1442907
Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:45 am
Montana batters put the ball in play early and -- combined with three Idaho State errors in the first -- coasted to a 4-2 win and series sweep over the Bengals in Big Sky Conf. action today.

Winning pitcher, freshman ace Michaela Hood, fanned 10 Bengal batters and took a one-hit shut out through five innings before giving up 3 hits and two runs in the bottom of the seventh. Hood recovered to retire the final two Bengal batters with a runner on third for the game's final outs.

Montana only got one official first-inning hit -- a single by freshman Lexi Knauss -- but by putting the ball into play, took an early 3-0 lead, which they extended to 4-0 on a fifth-inning RBI double by Ashley Lyons that scored MaKenna McGill and Delene Colburn.

The win boosted Hood's record to 6-6 and Montana's record to 14-17 overall and 3-0 in conference play, with sole possession of first. The Griz travel to North Dakota next week.

Upon further inspection, I found embedded links in both their posts so it is most likely these posting accounts are traffic steering bots and should be BAND :ban:

On a positive note, you know you've made the big time as a forum when advertisers/bots are targeting your site for SEO! :lol:

Latest posts

Back