• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Lady Griz v UNC

Hannah Thurmon hits an off-balance 3 with 5 secs left to send it to overtime. Do you believe in miracles?

Lady Griz hit three 3s in OT, I think it was, to keep it close, but just got a little too sloppy with the ball at times. Lost 77-76

grizonbob said:
Lady Griz hit three 3s in OT, I think it was, to keep it close, but just got a little too sloppy with the ball at times. Lost 77-76

A good effort, especially without Abby. Missed her on the boards as UNC got many second chances. Loved the fight to come back from 24 down. I'm very impressed with the job Petrino and staff are doing.

A road sweep against Big Sky opponents is always tough to turn, especially this season having to do it as a sweep against one team: a top-four pre-season pick (Northern Colorado) paced by pre-season pick as the top post player (Alisha Davis). But Montana absorbed a first-quarter body blow from a team looking for revenge, got their feet under them, and turned it into a donnybrook, despite the fact that their own talented post (Abby Anderson) sat out.

I'm ok with this loss, because I think this team has the moxie to learn from it and get tougher. I don't think the loss was ok with this team, and that's good. Nine players with double-digit minutes and 8 minutes from frosh Bria Dixson, who scored 12 points with an uncanny quick-release jumper... and who dished at least one assist (I counted two, though the stats showed 0).

All these newcomers playing for a first-year coach and they are still getting rotations, teamwork, confidence-building down. High regard to the coaches for making mid-game adjustments... and for the players who never gave up or gave in.

They're probably not a top tier team yet. But they are already a dark horse that nobody will want to play down the stretch. Go GrizWBB.

Who does the play by play that we were forced to listen to for UNC. That guy was extremely whiny and unprofessional, on a level I have never experienced. I couldn’t believe he’d be allowed to call a game with his awful he was in that way. I’ve talked to a few other fans who watched and they said the same.

HookedonGriz said:
Who does the play by play that we were forced to listen to for UNC. That guy was extremely whiny and unprofessional, on a level I have never experienced. I couldn’t believe he’d be allowed to call a game with his awful he was in that way. I’ve talked to a few other fans who watched and they said the same.

Agree 100%! That guy must be a hell of a ref in his day job! UNC should be embarassed!

grizbro said:
HookedonGriz said:

Agree 100%! That guy must be a hell of a ref in his day job! UNC should be embarassed!

I couldn't listen. Turned my stomach. I've requested many times that the Big Sky Conf give listeners the opportunity to choose "home," or "Visitor" play by play calls. It would be easy to add to the stream link. Nothing. No response. Plus, The Big Sky website hasn't been tuned up or modified in years. You have to guess which team is the winner and which the loser in its "Results" page. Stats and archived stats are missing essential categories. The WAC website (which I use for comparison because I would never want Montana affiliated with it) is light years ahead of the Big Sky web site. And that's not even considering how truly bad Pluto is. Am truly getting fed up with the Big Sky's lais·sez-faire approach to running this conference.

I am a bit bummed the GrizWBB lost a game it had opportunities to win, but... can't help but be excited about how -- with each game -- the depth, versatility and grit of this team is developing.

In particular, we're just now getting hints of what kind of perimeter firepower this team has. Today, for instance, five players made treys. I've heard from a parent close to the program that at least eight are capable outside shooters and was promised that we'll see, soon enough. The three who impress me the most right now are Jordyn Schweyen (1-2), Hannah Thurmon (3-7) and Bria Dixson (4-5). I'd add that Willa Albrecht, Kyndall Keller and Karsen Keller are also touted as perimeter shooters. Here are clips of fourth quarter clutch shots from Schweyen, Thurmon and Dixson... all quick trigger sharpshooters.

[media][https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizWBB/status/1345842772733902849/media]
[media]https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizWBB/status/1345849223208554497[/media]
[media]https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizWBB/status/1345856605095559168[/media]

Latest posts

Back