• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Whitworth Thread

PeauxRouge said:
OK, fill me in, I saw the last minute and a half. What's going on with the boys?

Griz shooting 56% from field, including 50% from 3 pt range, and 8-9 from FT line, but have 13 TO's in 1st half. Whitworth having great success in paint.

PeauxRouge said:
OK, fill me in, I saw the last minute and a half. What's going on with the boys?

You could start here: Montana has 13 first-half turnovers, resulting in 14 Whitworth points, most on breakaway layups.

MikeyGriz said:
PeauxRouge said:

Griz shooting 56% from field, including 50% from 3 pt range, and 8-9 from FT line, but have 13 TO's in 1st half. Whitworth having great success in paint.

Shit, with those numbers you would think we would be up by 10+. Sounds like we are beating ourselves.

5 Griz in double figures and all players with minutes have scored. Mac and Brown about to check in.

fanofzoo said:
Our passing would not be tolerated by a jv. team, high school jv team

Way too many lazy and sloppy passes across the board in a lackluster effort. Can't imagine the staff is very happy with that.

Whitworth is a perennial D3 powerhouse team for what it's worth and has proven to be a quality non-conference opponent for years. They play a disciplined game and I credit them more than anything. The Griz won handily in the end but made us work-a perfect non-conference game. Portland State lost to NW Nazarene today. It happens.

Zirg said:
Whitworth is a perennial D3 powerhouse team for what it's worth and has proven to be a quality non-conference opponent for years. They play a disciplined game and I credit them more than anything. The Griz won handily in the end but made us work-a perfect non-conference game. Portland State lost to NW Nazarene today. It happens.

Agree with all you said. I thought Whitworth was very up for this game. Definitely played with a chip in their shoulders. I'm sure they wanted to prove they can play with the big boys.

Back