• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

What’s up with DCH

HookedonGriz

DONOR
Okay I have to ask, mainly because he’s one of my faves, but DCH has been somewhat non existent this season. Is it a role change? Maybe the early concussion? He was newcomer of the year for Big Sky last year correct? There were games that he just took over and I haven’t seen that this season.

Like I said absolutely one of my favorite players and seems to do so many things well just wondering if anyone had any insight as to what seems to be holding him back

HookedonGriz said:
Okay I have to ask, mainly because he’s one of my faves, but DCH has been somewhat non existent this season. Is it a role change? Maybe the early concussion? He was newcomer of the year for Big Sky last year correct? There were games that he just took over and I haven’t seen that this season.

Like I said absolutely one of my favorite players and seems to do so many things well just wondering if anyone had any insight as to what seems to be holding him back

see below.

Zirg said:
HookedonGriz said:

I agree that he looked much-better last year. He is slowly coming around after his concussion, I guess it was.

HookedonGriz said:

Decuire said on the inside the den with Riley yesterday that he broke his hand in the off-season. I seem to remember Timmy Falls doing that last year I think, and it severely messed with his shot for the majority of the season. The same thing is probably happening with DJ.

That explains a lot. If he is recovering from a broken hand (which is a big deal in hoops) and coming off a concussion I can absolutely see why he hasn’t been himself. Thank you for the insight. Love that guy and want to see him kick ass.

HookedonGriz said:
That explains a lot. If he is recovering from a broken hand (which is a big deal in hoops) and coming off a concussion I can absolutely see why he hasn’t been himself. Thank you for the insight. Love that guy and want to see him kick ass.

His shot has been off but I'd guess the lingering effects of the concussion are the biggest factor. He's the DJ of old in stretches but concussion symptoms can linger and seem to be limiting his game. Hope he's 100% soon.

Hoops watcher said:
HookedonGriz said:

His shot has been off but I'd guess the lingering effects of the concussion are the biggest factor. He's the DJ of old in stretches but concussion symptoms can linger and seem to be limiting his game. Hope he's 100% soon.

Something's sure not right. But he's a great kid. He'll get it together.

Also, you have to look at who is on the roster. They are loaded on the block. Last year he did his best when they played small and played PF. The wrist and concussion hurt to get a rhythm down. I have to say though it hasn't affected him cheering for his teammates on the sideline and you gotta love that. Check out Fight On Montana Podcast. I did an interview with him earlier this summer. Great guy!

Adam H said:
Also, you have to look at who is on the roster. They are loaded on the block. Last year he did his best when they played small and played PF. The wrist and concussion hurt to get a rhythm down. I have to say though it hasn't affected him cheering for his teammates on the sideline and you gotta love that. Check out Fight On Montana Podcast. I did an interview with him earlier this summer. Great guy!

Awesome, awesome.

But seriously. I have enjoyed your guests.

Thanks for letting me know what you think. I will continue to get better. If you like it help me out and go rate, review and subscribe to the podcast.

Yep, confirmed arm injury actually followed by head injury or concussion

https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/griz-basketball-notebook-um-completes-nonconference-slate-carter-hollinger-looking-to-get-in-rhythm/article_8cd957e6-1695-55ba-b138-2c67e98c0961.html

Back