• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Montana WBB beat NAU 83-74

grizzlyjournal

Montana forged a 13-15 third-quarter lead by holding NAU to 39% and coast late by eight.

NAU rallied to lead 74-73 early in the fourth, but clutch shots by Stiles and Gfeller, and four straight free throws by Schoening put it away by 9.

Montana shot 55% for the game, 45% from beyond the arc. An astounding win on the road for Montana. This team plays with the kind of "Chip-on-shoulder" toughness that the Lady Griz teams of Selvig fame. Fun to watch.

grizzlyjournal said:
Montana forged a 13-15 third-quarter lead by holding NAU to 39% and coast late by eight.

NAU rallied to lead 74-73 early in the fourth, but clutch shots by Stiles and Gfeller, and four straight free throws by Schoening put it away by 9.

Montana shot 55% for the game, 45% from beyond the arc. An astounding win on the road for Montana. This team plays with the kind of "Chip-on-shoulder" toughness that the Lady Griz teams of Selvig fame. Fun to watch.

A great win. Assistant Coach Coville has 1 word to describe this team: "MOXIE"!"

Coach Petrino is making this team deep... Once again, 8 players with double-digit minutes (nine if you count B. Dixson's 9 minutes), and four players in double-digits in scoring (Stiles-14, Anderson-15, Gfeller-21, Schoening-11... and J Schweyen with 9 on three treys). Montana outrebounded NAU 41-25 and went 13-15 from the free throw line. NAU was a pre-season top-three pick. Road sweeps are proving very tough to get this season, but here's to GrizWBB getting their first sweep. Go Griz.

This Lady Griz team is fun to watch and they play hard. I know it is early but so far I am also impressed with Coach Petrino and this staff.

I really enjoy listening to their announcer Shawn Tiemann. IMO he is much easier to listen to than Riley and he doesn't get lost in all the minutia, and keep repeating it constantly, while the game is going on . He is passionate and I think he has the potential to be as enjoyable to listen to as Mick and that is saying something because Mick was the best..

maroonandsilver said:
grizzlyjournal said:

A great win. Assistant Coach Coville has 1 word to describe this team: "MOXIE"!"
Best game I have seen the LG play in years, ferocious D, great blocks, lots of pressure. The O game, great overall team play, front to back court, lots of balance and explosive play. Liked to see Schweyen get that 3-ball game going!

Must point out that NAU's crowd dwarfed the crowd that watched the game in Missoula. They weren't cheering much but they filled the seats....

Griz1 said:
This Lady Griz team is fun to watch and they play hard. I know it is early but so far I am also impressed with Coach Petrino and this staff.

I really enjoy listening to their announcer Shawn Tiemann. IMO he is much easier to listen to than Riley and he doesn't get lost in all the minutia, and keep repeating it constantly, while the game is going on . He is passionate and I think he has the potential to be as enjoyable to listen to as Mick and that is saying something because Mick was the best..

:thumb:

Griz1 wrote: ↑Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:18 pm

I respectfully beg to disagree regarding Riley. He lives and breathes Griz sports. His pre-game research is great and he gives insight into the opposing teams that is informative and beneficial. Does he good overboard somewhat yes but overall in my opinion he is light years ahead of Mick. And not to knock Mick but towards the end he really began to lose it, especially in football play by play.

Sport said:
Griz1 wrote: ↑Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:18 pm

I respectfully beg to disagree regarding Riley. He lives and breathes Griz sports. His pre-game research is great and he gives insight into the opposing teams that is informative and beneficial. Does he good overboard somewhat yes but overall in my opinion he is light years ahead of Mick. And not to knock Mick but towards the end he really began to lose it, especially in football play by play.

Sport let me assure you I never mentioned that Riley doesn't live and breathe Griz sports. I agree also that his research and preparation are outstanding. Again II agree with these points. All I am saying is I enjoy listening to Shawn a lot more. Mostly it is because of Riley constantly repeating the same points multiple times and not following the action. If he used his preparation once or twice in dead times when there is no action I would be more complimentary of his work. When I lose track of what is going on when not viewing the game is very distracting for me.

Latest posts

Back