• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

National Search for New Lady Griz Coach

TrueGriz

Anybody interested in being the new Lady Griz coach, Apply here:

https://university-montana-hr.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=2824&company_id=16254&version=1&source=ONLINE&jobOwner=992276&aid=1

Search committee has been formed and will be introduced monday.

"Preferred Qualifications
Head coaching experience
Coaching experience at the Division I level
Experience recruiting in the Northwest"

PNWLope said:
Well you guys might have lost Haley Huard with this move....

Well that would be a bummer. I’d hope she’d come to play for the program as opposed to a very specific coach, but to each his/her own.

PNWLope said:

May have lost her. Who knows. Any thing is always possible.

But, considering Petrino was just an Interim coach when she signed, I would think she would know that Petrino may not be her coach the next year. Plus, since when Petrino was made interim coach, it was stated that there would be a national search for a new coach after the end of this season, she should have known that there was a chance that Petrino may not be her coach. Just doesn't make sense that she would decommit because there is going to be national search for a new coach when it was already reported that there was going to be one before she signed the LOI.

TrueGriz said:
PNWLope said:

May have lost her. Who knows. Any thing is always possible.

But, considering Petrino was just an Interim coach when she signed, I would think she would know that Petrino may not be her coach the next year. Plus, since when Petrino was made interim coach, it was stated that there would be a national search for a new coach after the end of this season, she should have known that there was a chance that Petrino may not be her coach. Just doesn't make sense that she would decommit because there is going to be national search for a new coach when it was already reported that there was going to be one before she signed the LOI.

Makes complete sense to me. Do you know that she saw or focused on the national search part? Do you know that she hasn't been thinking that the coach would likely stay, or just not focusing on the possibility of this happening? Do you know the LG coaches didn't indicate they thought they'd stay around? Do you think other schools haven't been recruiting her with some good programs showing her some love? This last thing could have already changed the equation from when she signed. A national search is probably going to throw the program back into uncertainty, and perhaps even create turmoil. It may have turn out to be a fairly small blip and only brief.

I would say the staff told recruits to ignore the interim part of the his title and that he will be around long term.

I'd say a HC to keep an eye on would be Ryan McCarthy...

PNWLope said:
I would say the staff told recruits to ignore the interim part of the his title and that he will be around long term.

I'd say a HC to keep an eye on would be Ryan McCarthy...

I think he will be around.

"Montana athletic director Kent Haslam will lead the process, which is expected to take weeks. Redpath's presence on the committee should give Lady Griz fans piece of mind since she has extensive experience covering the team and Big Sky Conference women's basketball.

Joining Redpath on the committee are Grizzly softball coach Melanie Meuchel, Jean Gee, Sheila Stearns, Mike Frellick, Dan Ingram, Charlie Palmer and Jen Zellmer-Cuaresma.Montana athletic director Kent Haslam will lead the process, which is expected to take weeks. Redpath's presence on the committee should give Lady Griz fans piece of mind since she has extensive experience covering the team and Big Sky Conference women's basketball."

[Who are Frellick, Palmer and Zellmer?]

https://missoulian.com/sports/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/former-lady-griz-krista-redpath-part-of-search-committee-for-montana-womens-basketball-coach/article_e1f04593-bbd9-5550-bd03-d8536189a9b2.html

Zellmer-Cuaresma has been around the University in different capacities for years. She served as (athletic department academic advisor and prior to that served in similar capacities with the University College. She is a great person to have on board from the perspective of being an advocate for the student-athlete.

Frellick is the Dean of Admissions and Palmer is a professor and maybe the head of the HHP Department.

PlayerRep said:
"Montana athletic director Kent Haslam will lead the process, which is expected to take weeks. Redpath's presence on the committee should give Lady Griz fans piece of mind since she has extensive experience covering the team and Big Sky Conference women's basketball.

Joining Redpath on the committee are Grizzly softball coach Melanie Meuchel, Jean Gee, Sheila Stearns, Mike Frellick, Dan Ingram, Charlie Palmer and Jen Zellmer-Cuaresma.Montana athletic director Kent Haslam will lead the process, which is expected to take weeks. Redpath's presence on the committee should give Lady Griz fans piece of mind since she has extensive experience covering the team and Big Sky Conference women's basketball."

https://missoulian.com/sports/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/former-lady-griz-krista-redpath-part-of-search-committee-for-montana-womens-basketball-coach/article_e1f04593-bbd9-5550-bd03-d8536189a9b2.html
The Go Griz story discusses their backgrounds
https://gogriz.com/news/2021/3/15/womens-basketball-national-search-for-next-lady-griz-head-coach-begins.aspx

Dependable, agreeable UM administrators who owe their position to UM upper administrators. Social credit system adherents.
How about PAYING a couple of current outsiders who might have experience and inside information relative to the search: Robin Selving, and Jim O'Day. Wayne Tinkle is probably a little busy at this point.

tourist said:
Precisely why I suggested Robin Selving.

The answer you were supposed to say was Krista Redpath.

But, it would have been nice to see Selvig on the Committee since he was the one that pretty much built it.

These people were picked for a reason unknown to me. Organizations hire consultants all the time for their expertise. What expertise does this 'committee' bring to the task at hand? We made good fun of Moo U's selection of #6. What goes around, comes around. Selving and O'Day would bring an immense level of knowledge to this process. Selving has to be a bit concerned that the program he nurtured from birth, was placed into the hands of probably his best player ever, and long time assistant, only to see it destroyed before his eyes within four years. Then, year five... Maybe these two were offered, and declined. Maybe Haslam just wants 'yes-men.'

Back