• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New Griz Commit-Lonnell Martin Jr.

UMFan12 said:
3 to play. From Otero JC

https://twitter.com/lon_mart/status/1375252026918117381?s=20

His highlights look real good. 6’4” guard/wing that can shoot and has nice scoring moves.

Little article on his recruitment. Article calls him a sophomore, in his commitment he says he has 3 to play so he likely is taking his covid year of eligibility.

https://247sports.com/college/murray-state/Article/Basketball-recruiting-Oral-Roberts-Abilene-Christian-Montana-Montana-State-Texas-State-St-Bonaventure-Murray-State-Lonnell-Martin-161170670/Amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Its that word commit, I am 110% committed to play until I am not. How about just saying he is coming here.
Another guard, wtf, guess we don't have enough.

I don't think the UM is going to be immune to the transfer bug, even beyond those players who have already departed. In as much as hints keep being dropped by certain posters that we can expect turnover.

He's a bit different player than what we have currently in our guard group. He's taller (6-4 to 6-5) and could likely play as a wing (SG/SF) type player. Just looking at some of the film, he's good on the wing and that is something this team sorely lacked this year. I think he'll be a great addition to the program.

Welcome. Lonnell.

You guys do realize that we have like 4 roster spots to fill right? We can't just bring in 4 big men. We're gonna get a big guy, they're going after several of them right now and I'm sure there will be more to come. I think this is a great addition. The kid scores at a high level, the article from his coach said he's a leader and total team guy, and as I mentioned these JUCO kids often have a chip on their shoulder because they got overlooked out of high school as opposed to these premadonna D1 players looking for every opportunity to bolt at the first sign. Welcome Lonnell!

Griz til I die said:
as opposed to these premadonna D1 players looking for every opportunity to bolt at the first sign
You do realize a lot of those "premadonna D1 players" are the reason the griz win games? You can't win with all juco players, and calling a young man a premadonna because he wants to go to a better situation for himself? Maaannnn you salty and old.

griznative24 said:
Griz til I die said:
as opposed to these premadonna D1 players looking for every opportunity to bolt at the first sign
You do realize a lot of those "premadonna D1 players" are the reason the griz win games? You can't win with all juco players, and calling a young man a premadonna because he wants to go to a better situation for himself? Maaannnn you salty and old.

Both of you should stop and just be happy for the team and this player. Griz lacked shooting and overall just alpha scorers and this kid could maybe be that as a wing/guard. We could definitely use that. He’ll bring competition so I don’t care if he’s a guard and he’ll be on the wing a ton for us. Travis likes to play 3 guards at a time so it’s fine. We only need one big that can play with how TDC dishes out minutes and sets rotations. I guarantee looking at the wide net they cast they’ll get someone that make a impact in the post maybe even two.

griznative24 said:
Griz til I die said:
Jokes on you man, I’m only 22. And I’m not saying all these guys are premedonnas but the guys that transfer multiple times like Satterwhite who will now be on his 4th school, that’s what I have a problem with. The guys like Rorie or Akoh who only made one stop prior to UM, that’s fine but I hate when guys transfer multiple times and I know it’s just the sad truth of the way things are headed.

Am watching the Otero game right now. Kid looks very smooth. Other teams defense seems to be very keyed in on him. Has 8 pts on 3/4 shooting and 2/3 from deep while I’ve been watching. Hit a 3 from Dame range going into the half. A good wing player and, let’s just say he won’t be hesitating on any open shots.

UMFan12 said:
Am watching the Otero game right now. Kid looks very smooth. Other teams defense seems to be very keyed in on him. Has 8 pts on 3/4 shooting and 2/3 from deep while I’ve been watching. Hit a 3 from Dame range going into the half. A good wing player and, let’s just say he won’t be hesitating on any open shots.
How are you watching it?

Griz til I die said:
UMFan12 said:
How are you watching it?

https://twitter.com/OteroBasketball/status/1375848674069245964?s=20

Back