• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The Rich get Richer and the Poor get......We all Know

Sport

No truer words have been spoken. No this is not a political commentary but the reality of college basketball and the NC2A. The PAC-12 Conference will net just under $40M for their participation in the big dance. Assuming my arithmetic is somewhat reliable thats around $3.2M team. This is spread over 7 years but that’s still a nice windfall for each team. The BSC on the other hand, I didn’t look this up so feel free to challenge this because I’m to lazy to do the research on your own. Each of the BSC teams will get a buck forty for 7 years. The NC2A just from the TV contract gets $800M. Do your own math on that one. Point being and I know this is just one sport and several sports do lose money on their playoffs and championships but the NC2A has a monopoly on college sports and they will be at some point be the ruination of amateur athletics.
That’s my opinion and I’m sticking with it. I guess this did turn into a political commentary, oh well.

Sport said:
No truer words have been spoken. No this is not a political commentary but the reality of college basketball and the NC2A. The PAC-12 Conference will net just under $40M for their participation in the big dance. Assuming my arithmetic is somewhat reliable thats around $3.2M team. This is spread over 7 years but that’s still a nice windfall for each team. The BSC on the other hand, I didn’t look this up so feel free to challenge this because I’m to lazy to do the research on your own. Each of the BSC teams will get a buck forty for 7 years. The NC2A just from the TV contract gets $800M. Do your own math on that one. Point being and I know this is just one sport and several sports do lose money on their playoffs and championships but the NC2A has a monopoly on college sports and they will be at some point be the ruination of amateur athletics.
That’s my opinion and I’m sticking with it. I guess this did turn into a political commentary, oh well.

That point has arrived.

Back