• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Lack of Information

Griz1

Does anyone have any information regarding the Lady Griz coach or coaches that will be retained and any new coaches that may be hired?

Secondly, any information about the status of players deciding to stay or to leave would be appreciated. The Missoulian and the University have not been very informative. I would think the University and/or a local reporter assigned to cover the Lady Griz would be talking with Coach Holsinger every day and trying to keep the public informed and build up renewed enthusiam in the program while the iron is hot. Obviously I am wrong again.

The head coach just was named last week. I am sure it will take him a few days to meet with the players and assistant coaches. The lack of patience with people on this board is unbelievable.

helenaumfan said:
The head coach just was named last week. I am sure it will take him a few days to meet with the players and assistant coaches. The lack of patience with people on this board is unbelievable.

Obviously he has done something during this period as he said he was going to meet with the coaches and with the players last week. How did the meetings go with the coaches? How was he received by the players? The University could have had him introduced on the field at halftime on Saturday to 5,000 fans but they missed that opportunity also. It is called marketing. I know he was on the radio with Riley at halftime but that could have been taped earlier and he could have been exposed in person to the crowd. I guess that isn't news to helenaumfan and grizinabox but it is to me and other fans that I am aware of.

helenaumfan said:

This is eGriz, therefore, the lack of patience with people on this board IS believable. Pathetic, but believable.

Griz1 said:
helenaumfan said:

Obviously he has done something during this period as he said he was going to meet with the coaches and with the players last week. How did the meetings go with the coaches? How was he received by the players? The University could have had him introduced on the field at halftime on Saturday to 5,000 fans but they missed that opportunity also. It is called marketing. I know he was on the radio with Riley at halftime but that could have been taped earlier and he could have been exposed in person to the crowd. I guess that isn't news to helenaumfan and grizinabox but it is to me and other fans that I am aware of.

You are one of those people that reads the last chapter of a book first.

Griz1 said:
helenaumfan said:

Here is some of the stuff reported on 406mtsports.com or Missoulian on April 14th (wednesday) about his staff and players:

Holsinger is putting together his staff this week and said Wednesday he would be talking to former UM assistant coach Jordan Sullivan that afternoon. The jury is out on whether he will ask Sullivan, Selvig's niece and a former standout Lady Griz player, or any of the other three coaches from last season's staff to be on his 2021-22 staff.

Once that task is completed, Holsinger will focus on his full cupboard of players. It's an interesting predicament because the current roster has had trouble matching up against Big Sky powerhouses like Idaho State, Idaho and Montana State.

How long does Holsinger stay with a collective group that just doesn't seem to measure up athletically to, for example, the Bobcats? Given Holsinger's experience as a recruiter and nose for talent, changes at the bottom of the roster (2020-21 reserves) may be right around the corner.

Doesn't say he was going to hire any of the previous assistant coaches and also doesn't say that he will have talked to all the players yet last week.

From the press conference video, Holsinger said he would meet the team face-to-face for the first time on Friday, April 16. That was one business day ago. From his comments, it seemed like he was going to use the meeting to explain his vision. I assume some players would need a night or some time to decide if they fit in with the vision. Holsinger probably wants some actual workouts (or more film study) beside just word-of-mouth to judge the talent and who all will actually be welcomed back. He probably needs a chance to reach out to any of the ones he was recruiting to Oregon State and see if they will follow him to Missoula to know how many open spots he would have. Those recruits would probably need some time looking into UM, Missoula, etc. before they gave him an answer.

Also, having Jordan Sullivan stay might help lure Katie Faulkner over since they were both teammates (and the way Holsinger has talked about Faulkner, I would assume she would be a target for his staff).

Back