• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New Commit - Cooper Kriegmont from Alaska

How many guards do we have now? Do we even recruit bigs?
I hope this isn't the big surprise that Dillon has been touting.
Sheesh...

Welcome to Griz Nation Mr. Kriegmont and Family! I like the last 4 letters in his name!

citay said:
Sheesh...

What exactly from a skill set perspective do you think we need to sign in another big man? Blakney is heavy and will be able to seal and create space. Mack is an energy guy. KO a Swiss Army knife. Bannan will make a huge jump. Hopefully DJ can recapture that fearless energy he had as a freshman. I just don’t know how many minutes are left at the 4-5 unless one of these guys bounces. Plus you throw in Rhett in 2 yrs

citay said:
Sheesh...

I know we have way more guards that what we need. If your slow and under 6 feet welcome to throw back ball.

citay said:
Sheesh...

And this one isn't even 6'2" and from California! How can he have ever played the game?

HelenaHandBasket said:
wyomingriz said:
CATS got the top player in AK who has tight Missoula roots

Yippie for them???

I know it is speculation but this kid is a stud, extremely athletic will be interesting to see his progress
unfortunately he is going to other side of the mountain

Kid (Cooper, not the kid Sprinkle recruited) can play. Physical player. Hardly an undersized guard, capable of playing SG/SF.

Lefthander that is aggressive on the off dribble, comfortable in traffic and plays off the ball well. Has a nice stroke and seems comfortable shooting the basketball with defenders in his face and seems pretty adept at creating space. Plays more as a wing than a SG. Added bonus, plays great off the ball defense. Very active on the defensive end. If the kid is a walk-on, not a bad get, because he seems to be the type of player TDC likes.

Grizfan-24 said:
Kid can play. Physical player. Hardly an undersized guard, capable of playing SG/SF.

Lefthander that is aggressive on the off dribble, comfortable in traffic and plays off the ball well. Has a nice stroke and seems comfortable shooting the basketball with defenders in his face and seems pretty adept at creating space. Plays more as a wing than a SG. Added bonus, plays great off the ball defense. Very active on the defensive end. If the kid is a walk-on, not a bad get, because he seems to be the type of player TDC likes.

are you describing Cooper or the kid that committed to the katz?

tgreseth said:
Grizfan-24 said:
Kid can play. Physical player. Hardly an undersized guard, capable of playing SG/SF.

are you describing Cooper or the kid that committed to the katz?

- Cooper.

LittleBear said:
citay said:
Sheesh...

What exactly from a skill set perspective do you think we need to sign in another big man? Blakney is heavy and will be able to seal and create space. Mack is an energy guy. KO a Swiss Army knife. Bannan will make a huge jump. Hopefully DJ can recapture that fearless energy he had as a freshman. I just don’t know how many minutes are left at the 4-5 unless one of these guys bounces. Plus you throw in Rhett in 2 yrs

I am a believer in going after projects with your 12 and 13th scholarships. Didn’t work out with Henderson but I still think that’s the path.

For example, the last thing I saw was that this kid was uncommitted. 7’2 with a 7’6 WS. With this list of schools Montana could easily be in the picture. Yes I understand that there may be a reason for that list, but at this point why wouldn’t you?

https://twitter.com/sean02mtm/status/1382448680477724673?s=21

GrizBall said:
LittleBear said:

I am a believer in going after projects with your 12 and 13th scholarships. Didn’t work out with Henderson but I still think that’s the path.

For example, the last thing I saw was that this kid was uncommitted. 7’2 with a 7’6 WS. With this list of schools Montana could easily be in the picture. Yes I understand that there may be a reason for that list, but at this point why wouldn’t you?

I totally agree with this game plan. In most cases, it should be a big or athletic wing that needs some refinement. The dreaded "potential" word. There are a million guards out there. The difference between us and the big boys is just that, the big boys! I get in this day and age most kids don't want to ride the pine and learn/wait for their moment but that is an ideal game plan in my mind.

flatheadgriz406 said:
GrizBall said:

I totally agree with this game plan. In most cases, it should be a big or athletic wing that needs some refinement. The dreaded "potential" word. There are a million guards out there. The difference between us and the big boys is just that, the big boys! I get in this day and age most kids don't want to ride the pine and learn/wait for their moment but that is an ideal game plan in my mind.

I'm all for depth at the center position. But I think the depth that we are getting at that 12th and 13th scholarship isn't what's going to shrink the gap between us and the big dogs. You look at Boehning, Kelby, Besovic, Carter, Darius....these are guys that have been brought in the last 7 years to add depth and develop for 2-3 years down the road.

When you look at Eastern, they had two guys (Aiken, little Groves) who were matchup nightmares...pick & pop shooters but could post up little guards. Defensively they were able to switch ball screens and guard 1-4...I think that's what we're missing. A true wing who can guard his position. switch on to smaller guards, then move down to the 4 to play small ball.

Back