• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

The Holsinger/Haslam Massacre

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayerRep

6 players cut in first week or so by the new coach. Out of 13 on the roster, so only 7 remain. 4 from Montana cut, including 1 Native American.

I say this is unprecedented in women's basketball, but feel free to show us some examples of a new coach cutting 6 players in the first week.

I am not going to be associated with or a supporter of a program that treats their scholar-athletes like this, other than to toss in some comments/questions from time to time.

This is Haslam's 3d try at replacing Selvig. Hopefully, three's the charm.

Will the new coach play favorites with the new players he brings in? Hope not.

Looks like big turmoil for the LG program for awhile.

Let's win at all costs.

Isn’t the goal to win? I don’t see how cutting players who didn’t contribute to a bad team is a problem....

UMFan12 said:
Isn’t the goal to win? I don’t see how cutting players who didn’t contribute to a bad team is a problem....

Winning isn't the only goal. I don't know how a new coach could know whether certain players, like frosh, could contribute or onot in the future. Petrino liked some of those players for the future. It's rare that a frosh contributes big at UM. I think the new coach basically had about 6 players to bring in, probably as transfers.

Dude you’re acting like he cut all the best players. Why don’t you tell me which players specifically were deserving of staying?

PlayerRep said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

Now that I won't attend games, I will have more time to kick your ass on the board.

Hilarious that you think that’s some kind of threat. No one cares, they’ll just continue to watch as the program prospers without you. A for effort though :clap:

A coach that is coming in turning a program around the way he sees fit I love it. Let’s see if he waits for the freshman to be as good as playa rep says that could be 2 years, that’s half his contract. If they don’t mature and contribute like Dartmouth claims he struggles and has a year or two to turn things around. I say bring in the players you want to help you win and if you fail it is with the players you chose. If a big money fan who personally know all the athletes and dance team girls decides not to attend games that is on him.
That title though?????

Mavman said:
If a big money fan who personally know all the athletes and dance team girls decides not to attend games that is on him.

What's the over/under on how many times PR rubbed one out to this sentence?

gotgame75 said:
Mavman said:
If a big money fan who personally know all the athletes and dance team girls decides not to attend games that is on him.

What's the over/under on how many times PR rubbed one out to this sentence?

gotgame with the mic drop/post of the year. Its funny because its true.

Griz til I die said:
Dude you’re acting like he cut all the best players. Why don’t you tell me which players specifically were deserving of staying?

I am not acting like he cut the best players. Don't call me dude, and learn how to read. I would not have cut Momberg. I have followed her since high school and talked to coaches about her. I don't think I would have cut the Schweyens either, subject to knowing more about injuries, etc. I didn't follow the others closely enough to have an opinion. I had heard the coaches thought some of the other frosh had potential, but would need a bit longer to make an impact.

Of the players cut only a couple had the time on the court to make a good judgment on. Posting minutes with stats. The others I couldn't tell very well what kind of players they could be for certain. Brian didn't just cut random. I sure turnovers, assists, shooting percentage and rebounding played a roll. Then a little film watching would show what kind of defense they play. Talk with former coaches might tell you who works in the classroom and weight room. It's tough but the girls are being judged all the time. Just my opinion I think 6 was excessive. I would have kept Karsen at least.

Playerrep has been largest financial supporter of the dance team and before that the cheer squad for 10 years or so. Also, when the dance team had to start paying their way to the conference basketball tournament several years ago, he helped them raise a majority of the necessary funds, many thousands of dollars, by introducing them to friends of his whom he knew would contribute a few hundred or even a thousand in some cases. Over the years, you may have noticed the dance team talking to him after games inf front of his seats (thanking him for his help).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back