• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz Basketball locker room project

I like the update. Hopefully, they'll keep on doing them to show the progression. I assume the men's locker room will be done in time for this next season but does anyone know a more concise estimate on the construction time?

Griz til I die said:
https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizBB/status/1405931716087140353?s=20
Cool, looks like a pretty big amount of space. Of course, looking at the initial renderings, I assume the 2nd pic is mostly the equipment room. The 3rd pic seems to be in the shower/restroom area looking towards the locker and lounge areas. I'm guessing the support beam is probably where the wall between the lockers and lounge area is.

Montana_Basketball_Center_2.jpg

Hopefully they finish in time for the start of the season :lol: ;) The first post was from over 3 months ago and there's less than 3 months until the typical start time (first week of November).

MikeyGriz said:
DoubleNicks said:
Or more specifically 7 weeks away!

Check again, I think you missed a month in there!

:thumb: Haha and me thought me math good. I wanted to learn to do other stuff good too besides read good but they didn't care at the center for ants.

https://twitter.com/MontanaGrizBB/status/1438188210056667137?s=20
Dry wall is up in the locker room. Haslam said on the Inside the Den podcast with Riley yesterday that the project should be finished within the next couple months. He said it's unlikely it will be ready by the start of the season because like everything else in the world right now, the lockers are back ordered and are probably not gonna be here in time for the start of the season. He did say he believes that the lockers will arrive at some point during the season and the team can move into the locker room during the upcoming season. We still have a little less than 2 months until the season starts and things are constantly changing so we will see where things stand in a month.

Haslam also said that the fundraising is going so well for the women's basketball and volleyball locker room projects that construction could begin on that project as early as the end of the 21-22 basketball season. Plus, let's not forget that an indoor practice facility for football, soccer, and Track & Field is not far behind. This will help free up space and time in the Adams Center for basketball and volleyball to get more available gym time by virtue of Track moving to the indoor next year.

Also, the Cats are quickly trying to keep pace with us. At today and tomorrows board of regents meeting, they are seeking request to spend $1 million renovating locker rooms for men's and women's basketball due to the space that was vacated by football going to the BAC. They have not raised any money for this project as they are using physical plant funds to fund this project, so as soon as they get approval and get entirely moved over to the BAC, they can begin design & construction. It's important we keep our foot on the gas pedal.
https://mus.edu/board/meetings/2021/september/adminbudget/196-2020-R0921_A1.pdf

Griz til I die said:
Haslam said on the Inside the Den podcast with Riley yesterday that the project should be finished within the next couple months. He said it's unlikely it will be ready by the start of the season because like everything else in the world right now, the lockers are back ordered and are probably not gonna be here in time for the start of the season. He did say he believes that the lockers will arrive at some point during the season and the team can move into the locker room during the upcoming season. We still have a little less than 2 months until the season starts and things are constantly changing so we will see where things stand in a month.

Anybody hear any updates on the lockers' arrival or project completion estimates?

It's been about 2 months since the original target date for completion, is there anyone with any inside information on updates? It kind of looked like Cam could have been doing his POTW video from the new locker room awhile back. If so, with the visible signing, one could assume it's really close to being done.
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJVu8gJTCt0[/media]

If this continues to be delayed, any chance it will affect the start of the Lady Griz's area?

Back