• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Momberg lands....

Good for her. Here's my post from several weeks ago: "She is probably in a a bit of a tough position now, because she committed so early (Griz camp after her sophomore year) and thus didn't meet lots of coaches in the recruiting process. Now she has little college game tape and perhaps the stigma of being cut. The covid in-person visit limitation is in effect until June 1. While I don't know if this is true with her, a lot of reservation Native Americans prefer not to venture very far from home or their reservation, for college. While I don't know, I could see her staying in MT initially, and then hoping her strong play could get her a chance to move back to D-I."

From the Western release:

""We are excited to add Joelnell to our family," Woolley said. "She is an elite shooter who has a tremendous work ethic and a very high basketball IQ. Bulldog fans will enjoy watching her for the next four years and I can't wait to coach her."

Momberg attended Box Elder High School for three years leading them to consecutive Class C State Championships with current Bulldog Lilly Gopher. Joelnell was named MVP of the state tournament averaging 20.7 points per game. She also was named Great Falls Tribune Super State team as a junior and the newspaper's North-Central Montana Athlete of the Year. She is a three-time all-state selection.

She played her senior season at Mead High School in Spokane, Wash., where she voted first-team All-Greater Spokane League as a senior."

Western was 17-0 last season. 20-11 the year before. 30-4 the year before.

PlayerRep said:
From the Western release:

""We are excited to add Joelnell to our family," Woolley said. "She is an elite shooter who has a tremendous work ethic and a very high basketball IQ. Bulldog fans will enjoy watching her for the next four years and I can't wait to coach her."

Momberg attended Box Elder High School for three years leading them to consecutive Class C State Championships with current Bulldog Lilly Gopher. Joelnell was named MVP of the state tournament averaging 20.7 points per game. She also was named Great Falls Tribune Super State team as a junior and the newspaper's North-Central Montana Athlete of the Year. She is a three-time all-state selection.

She played her senior season at Mead High School in Spokane, Wash., where she voted first-team All-Greater Spokane League as a senior."

Western was 17-0 last season. 20-11 the year before. 30-4 the year before.
Wooley is a great coach and Western is one of the top NAIA programs in nation. National champs a couple years ago.

I’ll root for her and am happy for her. Not surprised she’s headed to naia. She won’t be the only Griz departure who goes that route. And there is nothing wrong with that whatsoever. Playing at any level post high school is an accomplishment.

HookedonGriz said:
I’ll root for her and am happy for her. Not surprised she’s headed to naia. She won’t be the only Griz departure who goes that route. And there is nothing wrong with that whatsoever. Playing at any level post high school is an accomplishment.

Who else do you think will go NAIA?

I look forward to Carroll or Western beating the LG in the next few years, if they get a chance to play.

PlayerRep said:
HookedonGriz said:

I look forward to Carroll or Western beating the LG in the next few years, if they get a chance to play.

You are a spiteful old man.

PlayerRep said:
HookedonGriz said:

Look forward to it all you want, they’d both lose.

OregonStateFan said:
Holsinger said in a podcast that Lauren Mills was also going to an NAIA school, I believe in Florida.

I don't know which Florida school, but they had recruited her before she decided to come to Montana. She only needs Summer School to graduate. I wonder if she will finish at UM, them go as a Grad Transfer?

UMFan12 said:
PlayerRep said:

11/18/19 - MT Tech beat Griz Men 74-72. In Missoula.

https://gogriz.com/sports/mens-basketball/stats/2019-20/montana-tech/boxscore/4415

PlayerRep said:
HookedonGriz said:

I honestly believe that IF any of those who were let go get picked up by another school, it will most-likely be NAIA or D2. And like I said, there is nothing wrong with that. Hell, I played at an NAIA school and was thrilled to do so. Playing on any level in college is an accomplishment.

I read Murphy’s only D1 offer was Chattanooga and the other 15-20 were all lower level. I think we will see that same trend for the others if they choose to continue.

PlayerRep said:
UMFan12 said:

https://gogriz.com/sports/mens-basketball/stats/2019-20/montana-tech/boxscore/4415

Ok? Not sure what your point is. That’s one win since 1948.

UMFan12 said:
PlayerRep said:

It means NAIA teams have beaten Montana in hoops in recent history. Not sure why you never learned to read. Also, you obviously just made up your 1948 date.

HookedonGriz said:
PlayerRep said:

I honestly believe that IF any of those who were let go get picked up by another school, it will most-likely be NAIA or D2. And like I said, there is nothing wrong with that. Hell, I played at an NAIA school and was thrilled to do so. Playing on any level in college is an accomplishment.

I read Murphy’s only D1 offer was Chattanooga and the other 15-20 were all lower level. I think we will see that same trend for the others if they choose to continue.

You still can't admit that Murphy went to a D-I school right away. That disproved your narrative immediately.

maroonandsilver said:
OregonStateFan said:
Holsinger said in a podcast that Lauren Mills was also going to an NAIA school, I believe in Florida.

I don't know which Florida school, but they had recruited her before she decided to come to Montana. She only needs Summer School to graduate. I wonder if she will finish at UM, them go as a Grad Transfer?

I believe UM and Redpath were trying to raise money for her to complete UM summer school.

PlayerRep said:
UMFan12 said:

It means NAIA teams have beaten Montana in hoops in recent history. Not sure why you never learned to read. Also, you obviously just made up your 1948 date.
No, 1948 was the last time Tech beat UM in men’s basketball.

https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/montana-mens-basketball-team-upset-by-naia-montana-tech/article_e20f815c-1b8a-5cc6-977f-dc8ef263c6bf.html

Back