• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Montana WBB 2021 Team Roster Posted

grizzlyjournal

The transition is formal. The Montana women's basketball roster is now up. Currently, eleven players are on the roster. I believe the NCAA D1 headcount scholarship roster for 2021 is 15, which leaves room for four additional scholarship and one additional (non-scholarship walkon) rostered players.

Coaches roster is also updated, including Brian Holsinger, Jordan Sullivan and Nate Harris. No fourth coach (I believe Hoslsinger may go with only two assistants this season) or supporting staff is yet identified. Seems odd to me that they couldn't have taken at least a snapshot of Holsinger in Montana colors. :? Link below:
https://gogriz.com/sports/womens-basketball/roster

grizzlyjournal said:
The transition is formal. The Montana women's basketball roster is now up. Currently, eleven players are on the roster. I believe the NCAA D1 headcount scholarship roster for 2021 is 15, which leaves room for four additional scholarship and one additional (non-scholarship walkon) rostered players.

Coaches roster is also updated, including Brian Holsinger, Jordan Sullivan and Nate Harris. No fourth coach (I believe Hoslsinger may go with only two assistants this season) or supporting staff is yet identified. Seems odd to me that they couldn't have taken at least a snapshot of Holsinger in Montana colors. :? Link below:

I have heard that Holsinger will go with just two assistants and use money saved to increase the salary of those two.

The Ladies have 4 seniors. So, after next season, Holsinger will be able to essentially turn over the roster in just over a year.

maroonandsilver said:
grizzlyjournal said:

I have heard that Holsinger will go with just two assistants and use money saved to increase the salary of those two.

The Ladies have 4 seniors. So, after next season, Holsinger will be able to essentially turn over the roster in just over a year.

Don't forget about the covid year. Some of those Seniors might stick around for another year.

MikeyGriz said:
maroonandsilver said:

Don't forget about the covid year. Some of those Seniors might stick around for another year.

there was only 1 senior and she isn't staying. I do not believe that seniors next year will get another season.

TrueGriz said:
MikeyGriz said:

there was only 1 senior and she isn't staying. I do not believe that seniors next year will get another season.

My understanding is everyone got a free year this year. If you were a junior this year, you''ll be a junior next year.

MikeyGriz said:
TrueGriz said:

My understanding is everyone got a free year this year. If you were a junior this year, you''ll be a junior next year.

I started to think that after I posted that but the current roster now lists everyone 1 class higher.

I thought in Riley’s podcast of inside the den that Coach stated that his 3rd assistant spot would not be announced until into summer. I think he must have someone in mind and it’s a HR or waiting for their contract to expire. Just guessing.

MikeyGriz said:
TrueGriz said:

You are correct. Free year for everyone.

HookedonGriz said:
MikeyGriz said:

Of the 4 seniors on the 2020 Softball team, none chose to take the extra year. Of the 4 seniors on the 2021 Softball team, none chose to take the extra year. The only senior on the Lady Griz Basketball team chose not to take the extra year. Sometimes people are ready to move on to the next phase of life.

maroonandsilver said:
HookedonGriz said:

Of the 4 seniors on the 2020 Softball team, none chose to take the extra year. Of the 4 seniors on the 2021 Softball team, none chose to take the extra year. The only senior on the Lady Griz Basketball team chose not to take the extra year. Sometimes people are ready to move on to the next phase of life.

And the Demmings decided to take off.

PlayerRep said:
maroonandsilver said:

And the Demmings decided to take off.

Demings. With one m.

Does anyone have any word on where the Schweyen sisters have landed or might land? Also any word on Nate Covill and Mike Petrino--where they are or where they might be going?

Don't most, if not all, PAC-10, now PAC-12, assistant coaches that take a head coaching position at an inferior (read FCS level type) school hope to use that position as a springboard to another head coaching position at a more reputable school, like the SEC and/or ACC?

Like, isn't there a pay cut from an assistant @ PAC-12 to be a head coach at those FCS level schools? Like, FCS level is but a division 2 in most people's eyes at best to begin with, right?

With the top 1,000 players nation wide already signed who is left to recruit: transfers that aren't and never were? You say wait a couple years. Yeah, right. Maybe a couple decades. :lol:

Why do you even bother?

Griz66 said:
Does anyone have any word on where the Schweyen sisters have landed or might land? Also any word on Nate Covill and Mike Petrino--where they are or where they might be going?

A quote of Mike Petrino to a sports-media friend: "One of my many regrets in not getting the job was not being the guy who got to cut the Scheweyn sisters". (Now, that's the kind of comment you expect from a Butte guy!"

maroonandsilver said:
Griz66 said:

A quote of Mike Petrino to a sports-media friend: "One of my many regrets in not getting the job was not being the guy who got to cut the Scheweyn sisters". (Now, that's the kind of comment you expect from a Butte guy!"

😳

Back