• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Men's Roster Updated

GrizWhiz said:
I don't see John Solomon listed. :?

Considering UM hasn’t officially announced him or the other two reportedly coming here not surprised. Not sure if it’s a walk on thing or what.

dayday said:
GrizWhiz said:

Considering UM hasn’t officially announced him or the other two reportedly coming here not surprised. Not sure if it’s a walk on thing or what.
0.0% chance Solomon is a walk on.

dayday said:
GrizWhiz said:

On the other hand I don’t see Lopez listed so maybe this roster is just not totally accurate. UM’s roster on gogriz for any of the sports isn’t very up to date most times.

dayday said:
dayday said:

On the other hand I don’t see Lopez listed so maybe this roster is just not totally accurate. UM’s roster on gogriz for any of the sports isn’t very up to date most times.

Lopez was on there earlier when I looked.

Crazy in this age of instant info that simple things like who will play men's bball for UM in 5 months is a mystery today.

Also crazy how the meaning of "commitment" is changing on so many levels.

The deletion if you will makes more sense now that in recent days, Montana coaches have been in contact again with some class of 2021 kids. When I was doing my weekly search for 2022 Montana recruit contacts Kyle Frelow came up as a 2021 kid (within the last week or two). Seemed really odd to me and my first thought was well this might just be another case of Montana- Montana State mistaken identity.

I haven't for the life of me a clue as to what the issue is with Lopez, but I can guess Solomon may have gotten a phone call from a bigger program. Solomon still has UM stuff posted, but if they removed him it might be because he hasn't signed his LOI yet. Just a thought.

More and more kids, HS kids like Jack Wetzel, are taking a gap year at a prep school to increase/improve their recruitment. This 2021 recruiting year has been a blood bath for class of 21 HS kids. There are still close to 1,000 players listed in the portal and a lot are just now finding homes in D1 programs. If you are a class of 21 kid, the prep school route isn't a bad choice if there isn't much of a market.

Maybe its much ado about nothing, but I do get the sense there is in fact fire here. I'd would be surprised in the next few days we'll here that Lopez won't be coming and has opened his recruitment back up.

Grizfan-24 said:
The deletion if you will makes more sense now that in recent days, Montana coaches have been in contact again with some class of 2021 kids. When I was doing my weekly search for 2022 Montana recruit contacts Kyle Frelow came up as a 2021 kid (within the last week or two). Seemed really odd to me and my first thought was well this might just be another case of Montana- Montana State mistaken identity.

I haven't for the life of me a clue as to what the issue is with Lopez, but I can guess Solomon may have gotten a phone call from a bigger program. Solomon still has UM stuff posted, but if they removed him it might be because he hasn't signed his LOI yet. Just a thought.

More and more kids, HS kids like Jack Wetzel, are taking a gap year at a prep school to increase/improve their recruitment. This 2021 recruiting year has been a blood bath for class of 21 HS kids. There are still close to 1,000 players listed in the portal and a lot are just now finding homes in D1 programs. If you are a class of 21 kid, the prep school route isn't a bad choice if there isn't much of a market.

Maybe its much ado about nothing, but I do get the sense there is in fact fire here. I'd would be surprised in the next few days we'll here that Lopez won't be coming and has opened his recruitment back up.

Does anyone think Solomon may be a walk-on? Kids don’t hold their LOIs for weeks without signing and most schools don’t sent out LOIs unless they are 99% sure they are going to sign. And a quick article and updating rosters on gogriz is pretty easy to do. They could have done it at the same time as they took Lopez off.

Also, playing one school off against another in June is a very dangerous game for non-elite players. Almost every school has started summer school and summer work-outs. I can’t imagine Trav saying “hold on to that LOI and if you don’t get anything better then just sign when you are comfortable. And don’t worry about our summer conditioning and workouts, you can catch up will school starts again.”

Grizfan-24 said:

Solomon was never removed, he just never showed up. If it is true about Lopez then that's a little disappointing considering how good of friends he is with several on the staff. He was a big time player too, I was excited for him and I hope that it's just some sort of communication.

Griz til I die said:
Grizfan-24 said:

Solomon was never removed, he just never showed up. If it is true about Lopez then that's a little disappointing considering how good of friends he is with several on the staff. He was a big time player too, I was excited for him and I hope that it's just some sort of communication.

That blows my mind. Solomon has been places and I know the program has had contact with him for a number of years prior to him moving to Florida. That is why I thought for sure this was a pretty solid commit since the staff had been on him from his Freshman/Sophomore year of high school. Maybe he just couldn't make the move, and I am not here to speculate about the mindset of a 18 HS kid.

Lopez on the other hand unlike Solomon didn't have to sign a LOI and wasn't going to be signed sealed and delivered until he showed up on campus. He did/does have a good relationship with the staff, which is why I really wonder from a speculation standpoint why he'd burn them. Maybe he didn't, but that he didn't show up for summer practices isn't a good sign.

Lopez’s UM post has been down for weeks before he was removed from the roster. His post on Twitter is still up. Solomon on the other hand, I have no clue, other than that he wouldn’t be a walk on.

Grizfan-24 said:
Griz til I die said:

That blows my mind. Solomon has been places and I know the program has had contact with him for a number of years prior to him moving to Florida. That is why I thought for sure this was a pretty solid commit since the staff had been on him from his Freshman/Sophomore year of high school. Maybe he just couldn't make the move, and I am not here to speculate about the mindset of a 18 HS kid.

Lopez on the other hand unlike Solomon didn't have to sign a LOI and wasn't going to be signed sealed and delivered until he showed up on campus. He did/does have a good relationship with the staff, which is why I really wonder from a speculation standpoint why he'd burn them. Maybe he didn't, but that he didn't show up for summer practices isn't a good sign.
Wetzels not on the roster either so I suspect that they’re waiting on paperwork before they add those 2 on the roster. Not really concerned about him.

The Lopez deal is worrying though considering he’s friends with Josh Vazquez. Tiz the nature of college basketball.

I think it’s best just to wait to see who shows up when classes and fall workouts start. I can’t keep any of it straight on who is committed and who is not. Some may be real and some may not be. Very weird recruiting cycle for the Griz. Some of that was expected I suppose.

Back