• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

New Lady Griz commit 2022

This has to be a Jordan Sullivan recruit since I can't image Holsinger knew about a small-town Montana player who tore her ACL in February. Tells me he's listening to his staff, a good thing, and that Holsinger once again has taken serious strides toward healing the rift with the Montana "traditionalists."

I'm one on this board who has long chafed at the notion that "Big Sky power" was the top floor for this program, as it always was under Selvig. I feel the elevator can and should have gone higher, for reasons I've expressed so many times before that most of you have tuned me out. I eagerly await news of his next recruits.

From MontanaSports.com: "Since she began to walk, Melstone’s Draya Wacker has dazzled crowds with her ballhandling skills, whether it be during halftime performances or in-game action. On Friday, the Sophomore hit a scoring milestone, crossing the 1,000-point threshold for her career, which began in eighth grade..."

She was averaging 25 points/game before her ACL injury. Evidently a great ball handler too! Hope that her ACL heals well and quickly!

One policy that I noticed about Selvig over his thirty-eight year career as a Head Coach of the LG was that he was always attempting to have all players have a red-shirt year. That's all fifteen of them. Didn't work all the time because of injuries, lack of height in the front court, lack of team chemistry, Bahnmiller contra Cate., etc., etc., etc. That way, they can have the confidence and acquire the maturity to deal with the upper echelon of the women's basketball scene. Even if the opponent had better talented players. Sure, they may have had a 40-something winning streak at home way back when; but just how can they handle adversity on the road? The audience/crowds is bad enough, and then the gut level to come back and contend with bad calls. May have happened a couple of times, Wisconsin back in 1992, for instance. Didn't work against Louisiana Tech back in 2004, though. But overall, if you can't win on the road, what can you do? Especially when 99 % of the Athletic Department recruiting budget goes to football. O.K., never-mind the hyperbole, but it is what it is.
If it wasn't for Title IX...

OregonStateFan said:
https://twitter.com/gazsportsschert/status/1405613024245809154?s=21

Thanks for sharing that - I suppose she could change her mind (again)! It's probably exciting for a college-bound yout to go so far away.

Looking forward to seeing Draya play - she has some serious ball control skills.

Watching Wacker's hudl, reminds me a lot of PSU's Kylie Jimenez. Moves, shoots, and when reaching for steals they look very similar to me.

Wow, wacker has top shelf ball-handling skills. Her hudl video showcases some legit talent. Hope she heals up well and can contribute.

GrizBaba said:
From MontanaSports.com: "Since she began to walk, Melstone’s Draya Wacker has dazzled crowds with her ballhandling skills, whether it be during halftime performances or in-game action. On Friday, the Sophomore hit a scoring milestone, crossing the 1,000-point threshold for her career, which began in eighth grade..."

She was averaging 25 points/game before her ACL injury. Evidently a great ball handler too! Hope that her ACL heals well and quickly!

Women & baskeball just don't seem to do well for ACL's....unreal the number of ACL/MCL injuries women suffer in this sport. Seems WAY more than men....

Back