• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sammy Fatkin

MissoulaMarinerFan

Is back in maroon and silver for her senior season:

https://gogriz.com/news/2021/6/25/womens-basketball-fatkin-rejoins-lady-griz.aspx

https://twitter.com/montanagrizwbb/status/1408590103610638336?s=21

It's awesome she gets to play again. Hoping the best for her "Senior" year. Really looking forward to the upcoming season!

GrizBaba said:
It's awesome she gets to play again. Hoping the best for her "Senior" year. Really looking forward to the upcoming season!

Did she play BB somewhere else after she left the LG? Very pleased for her return, liked her BB and saw that with some extra work on fundamentals, and better coaching had the makings for an excellent all around player. To me she was really the canary in the coal mine, when players began to leave, or were becoming disenchanted.

MTbest said:
GrizBaba said:

Did she play BB somewhere else after she left the LG? Very pleased for her return, liked her BB and saw that with some extra work on fundamentals, and better coaching had the makings for an excellent all around player. To me she was really the canary in the coal mine, when players began to leave, or were becoming disenchanted.

She stayed at UM and completed her degree. She will now work on a Master's in Public Administration.

No no no, this can’t be. Last I heard our new coach gets rid of all the players and would certainly not welcome one back. Especially one the caliber of Fatkin who gives them an instant boost. This just cannot be. :)

HookedonGriz said:
No no no, this can’t be. Last I heard our new coach gets rid of all the players and would certainly not welcome one back. Especially one the caliber of Fatkin who gives them an instant boost. This just cannot be. :)

The program continues its downward spiral…

alabamagrizzly said:
HookedonGriz said:

I'm assuming (hoping) you are being sarcastic?

alabamagrizzly said:
HookedonGriz said:

:lol:

My recollection of this player was good athleticism and skill level....but for some weird reason losing time to Jordyn Schweyen.

Mousegriz said:
My recollection of this player was good athleticism and skill level....but for some weird reason losing time to Jordyn Schweyen.

That's unfortunate. :( Gives more insight about the whole situation and 18 (?) players leaving during that tenure.

I wonder if she could apply for another year of eligibility because of hardship...

GrizBaba said:
Mousegriz said:

That's unfortunate. :( Gives more insight about the whole situation and 18 (?) players leaving during that tenure.

I wonder if she could apply for another year of eligibility because of hardship...

...and they had Shelby Schweyen waiting in the wings.....

Mousegriz said:
GrizBaba said:

...and they had Shelby Schweyen waiting in the wings.....

Great news! I am excited for the Holsinger era to begin. It took two hard flushes of the toilet to get this program back to some semblance of normalcy. Unfortunately some players and coaches were victims of the double flush that the administration had to do to clean the program up and get it back to the top of the Big Sky and one of the better mid major programs in the West.

Back