• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Darko-Kelly to play for Toronto Raptors

CopperGold14

Missoula Sentinel product Zacheus Darko-Kelly will make his NBA Summer League debut this weekend for the Raptors in Vegas.

I mentioned last winter that the Griz whiffed badly when they didn't immediately bring Z back home when his coach at UM-Western, Steve Keller, made the switch to Providence in Great Falls.

Some on this board said he wasn't D1 material or wouldn't have helped the Griz. I guess some were wrong. Can you imagine what an impact he would've had, especially on this year's team that was so young?

CopperGold14 said:
Missoula Sentinel product Zacheus Darko-Kelly will make his NBA Summer League debut this weekend for the Raptors in Vegas.

I mentioned last winter that the Griz whiffed badly when they didn't immediately bring Z back home when his coach at UM-Western, Steve Keller, made the switch to Providence in Great Falls.

Some on this board said he wasn't D1 material or wouldn't have helped the Griz. I guess some were wrong. Can you imagine what an impact he would've had, especially on this year's team that was so young?

Overall impact, about zero other than stifling the growth of the younger players.

HelenaHandBasket said:
CopperGold14 said:

Overall impact, about zero other than stifling the growth of the younger players.

I'll trust NBA coach evaluations over your idiotic take, but thanks for playing along. You were probably one of the posters from last Winter who said he was Frontier Conference quality and therefore not able to contribute.

HelenaHandBasket said:
CopperGold14 said:

How would he stifle growth of younger playerrs?. I suppose Jacob Wiley stifled growth for Eastern program also. You were one of the idiots who said this last winter, your basketball knowledge is awful!

wyomingriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

How would he stifle growth of younger playerrs?. I suppose Jacob Wiley stifled growth for Eastern program also. You were one of the idiots who said this last winter, your basketball knowledge is awful!

Because I said he was a very good Frontier player?

HelenaHandBasket said:
wyomingriz said:

You said he “wouldn’t even be in the rotation”(for the Griz)not sure if you realize how stupid that sounds. NBA scouts like Z and he will make a living playing hoops for a number of years at a high level. Show a little integrity and eat some crow and admit you were way off

wyomingriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

You said he “wouldn’t even be in the rotation”(for the Griz)not sure if you realize how stupid that sounds. NBA scouts like Z and he will make a living playing hoops for a number of years at a high level. Show a little integrity and eat some crow and admit you were way off

Think it is time to fire TD for not being able to evaluate.

HelenaHandBasket said:
wyomingriz said:

I didn’t say anything about TD, just about your lack of basketball knowledge

HelenaHandBasket said:
wyomingriz said:

No i don’t want TD fired but would like to fire you for being ignorant

HelenaHandBasket said:
wyomingriz said:

TD was correct to pass.

Sad that Z making NBA summer league has created virtually no buzz on this forum. A Missoula kid who dreamed of playing for Griz, don’t hold it against him for being denied that opportunity.. The negativity towards his playing level on this forum is pathetic. Root for the kid…

wyomingriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
TD was correct to pass.

Sad that Z making NBA summer league has created virtually no buzz on this forum. A Missoula kid who dreamed of playing for Griz, don’t hold it against him for being denied that opportunity.. The negativity towards his playing level on this forum is pathetic. Root for the kid…

Our record of getting local kids is not great.

wyomingriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:
TD was correct to pass.

Handbasket continues to "prove" himself.

I agree Wyoming. This kid was a raw, skinny, 6'2" in. high school player at Sentinel. Stood out as one of the better players on some decent teams but I was a bit surprised he even went to the Frontier. One redshirt year, 4 or 5 inches and a little bulk later, he's freshman of the year in the Frontier, then All Conference, the All American.

Of all the high school kids in the history of Missoula basketball, how many have gotten an NBA look. Four? Mike Lewis, Krystkowiak, Tres Tinkle and Darko-Kelly? Both Tres and Zaccheus currently getting their shot. I'm rooting for both!!

wyomingriz said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

No Wyo, you’re wrong. Ignorance is not knowing any better. HHB is choosing to be wrong. There’s a difference.

Mousegriz said:
wyomingriz said:

Handbasket continues to "prove" himself.

I agree Wyoming. This kid was a raw, skinny, 6'2" in. high school player at Sentinel. Stood out as one of the better players on some decent teams but I was a bit surprised he even went to the Frontier. One redshirt year, 4 or 5 inches and a little bulk later, he's freshman of the year in the Frontier, then All Conference, the All American.

Of all the high school kids in the history of Missoula basketball, how many have gotten an NBA look. Four? Mike Lewis, Krystkowiak, Tres Tinkle and Darko-Kelly? Both Tres and Zaccheus currently getting their shot. I'm rooting for both!!

We have a kid from Sentinel and Hellgate both from class of 2015 in the NBA summer league at he same time.. It is truly amazing and exciting and will likely never happen again.

This thread starts off with a huge distortion.

Darko-Kelly is NOT "to play for Toronto Raptors."

He is to play for their summer league team.

Beware of distortion. Distortion is the basis of propaganda.

Darko-Kelly was definitely under the radar coming out of Sentinel. The Griz clearly whiffed in not recognizing how good he got while at Western. It happens. People on this forum (maybe it was only HHB) discounted this when I brought it up only a few months ago.

And Wyomin is actually right for once. Having two local kids playing the NBA Summer League from the same high school class will likely never be seen again. That's a pretty cool stat.

Back