• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

TV Basketball - Mens and Womens?

Dillon said:
SWX or not in Zula?

I'll be watching men's and women's BB on ESPN+, which I just subscribed to. It's about the most reasonable subscription for sports around. I watched some of the UM football game this past Saturday and saw the SWX you mentioned.

I don't expect too much for the game production videography based on what I saw on the UM football game on 10/9. Other than the score at the bottom of the screen, I rarely saw information about which down it was (e.g., 3rd and 7) or the players' names that did something. Maybe it was just me, but they used the zoom extensively, which negated seeing the whole of the play. I switched to other games quite frequently.

Has there been consistent TV for basketball in recent seasons...or ever?

I don't have a TV but I seem to think that only the Brawl (both men's and women's) and maybe one other rivalry/BSC leader game (Weber State, EWU, or Northern Colorado) against the men were all that were televised by SWX each year. (Obviously, if playing a P5, they would have a TV contract that would benefit Griz fans, as well.)

Dillon said:
Griz Football has been on SWX and wondering if basketball games will be as well?

They have had games vs the Kittez, Ewoo, Weber and others over the last few years on SWX. Don't know if there was any rhyme or reason to it. ESPN+ should pick up all of those feeds plus feeds from local channels around the league I believe. Of course OOC against a PAC or SEC team would be on their network and not ESPN+.

I am assuming that most games, at least in-conference, will only air on ESPN+. There will be a handful of SWX TV feeds but probably only for big games. Pretty much the same thing as last season except not on Pluto, thanks God.

https://gogriz.com/news/2021/11/8/m...tured-8-times-on-swxs-broadcast-schedule.aspx

The Big Sky Conference announced broadcast schedules for the upcoming basketball seasons, with the Griz and Lady Griz being selected for eight contests on SWX.

The list includes five men's dates: Jan. 6 at Eastern Washington, Jan. 8 at Montana State, Jan. 13 vs. Southern Utah, Feb. 12 vs. Portland State and March 3 vs. Northern Colorado.

On the women's side, the Lady Griz will have their non-conference game against Gonzaga broadcast on SWX on Nov. 14, before seeing the network pick up both games of the Brawl of the Wild series (Jan. 8 in Bozeman, Feb. 26 in Missoula).

In addition to SWX, all games will also be broadcast on ESPN+, part of the league's broadcast rights deal that was agreed to this summer. All Griz and Lady Griz home games, and all home and road Big Sky Conference games, will be available with an ESPN+ subscription.

Other known broadcast dates for the men include Nov. 13 at Mississippi State on SEC+; Nov. 15 at North Dakota on Midco Sports; Nov. 29 at Oregon on the Pac-12 Networks; and Feb. 27 vs. Montana State on ESPNU.

The Griz will open their 2021-22 season on Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. vs. Dickinson State, part of a double-header with the Lady Griz, who will face Northwest Nazarene at 5 p.m.

maroonandsilver said:
Dillon said:
SWX or not in Zula?

Don't care. We will be watching from section 109, row 7. Both Men and Ladies. Where we have witnessed EVERY game since the Adams makeover.

Unfortunately for me because of health reasons I am unable to attend!

Dillon said:
maroonandsilver said:
Don't care. We will be watching from section 109, row 7. Both Men and Ladies. Where we have witnessed EVERY game since the Adams makeover.

Unfortunately for me because of health reasons I am unable to attend!

Today's Missoulian talked about TV. Several Cat and Griz games on SWX...all of them on ESPN+.

Did it take a long time for anyone's subscription to activate for ESPN+...I signed up but still prompting me to sign up again after it said my transaction went through

CleanHOUSE said:
Did it take a long time for anyone's subscription to activate for ESPN+...I signed up but still prompting me to sign up again after it said my transaction went through

I don't remember having to wait - maybe sign in again?

Back