• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

GRIZ game

This looks like a 15 seed against a 2 seed.

Our kids look intimidated around the basket. Seem reluctant to take it the hole.

But Mississippi State is a very good team. One of the best we'll see all year.

Maybe it’s time to recruit some bucket getters? Grit and grind is cool, but it’s not how Cinderella’s are built in modern basketball.

I'm happy to see the team take a lot of 3s, just doesn't seem like anyone on the roster is capable of making them, unless its against d2 competition.

Why, why, why can't Travis recruit true size in the paint? Every year we lack true size. He's a terrific guard recruiter though. Here's to hoping the Montana big we landed will be a huge help at some point.

Blakney should have never came, Carter and Vazquez need to transfer out instead of wasting their time playing for coaches that just have them standing around while the others get triple screens to throw up a bad shot. DeCuire clearly wants to recreate Oguine and Rory but the two guys who's nuts their on look horrible. Josh Bannan looks horrible and other than Martin that starting unit looks trash. I wish I had no reason to watch this but knowing a few kids on the team I have no choice but to suffer thru this. This is utterly pathetic and Coaches need to go, I would never allow one of kids to go to a program like that and I feel for the ones that did.

UMFan12 said:
Maybe it’s time to recruit some bucket getters? Grit and grind is cool, but it’s not how Cinderella’s are built in modern basketball.

Yeah same old story no pure shooters except Vazquez = not able to score against teams who are more physically gifted. Grinding and slashing to the hoop only work if you are fast enough and strong enough to get there....and we play fundamentally sound consistent D, but its not really worth much when the other team can shoot or can just physically push or run past you, talented teams/ talented players/scores always seem to get their against the Griz.

Callithowiseeit said:
Blakney should have never came, Carter and Vazquez need to transfer out instead of wasting their time playing for coaches that just have them standing around while the others get triple screens to throw up a bad shot. DeCuire clearly wants to recreate Oguine and Rory but the two guys who's nuts their on look horrible. Josh Bannan looks horrible and other than Martin that starting unit looks trash. I wish I had no reason to watch this but knowing a few kids on the team I have no choice but to suffer thru this. This is utterly pathetic and Coaches need to go, I would never allow one of kids to go to a program like that and I feel for the ones that did.

I mean, why would you let your kid go to UofM in general? :?

Have not been to the foul line once. Which means we're not taking it to the hoop. W-a-y too tentative in the paint. I thought Blakney was supposed to help solve this problem.

I guess Ben Howland is taking it out on us tonight for all the losses he suffered against us at Northern Arizona. This is brutal. I thought the halftime score was bad.

Well, the wise man is the humble man. We are wise men tonight.

Griz 41-13 vs Dickinson St at half
Griz 16-42 vs Miss St. at half
Griz = Dickinson St. to middle of pack Power Conference teams :-(

Size, Size, Size. MSU was so big and could shoot. Disappointed that the Griz weren't, at least, competitive.

griznative24 said:
Callithowiseeit said:

I
Who’s this fu@#in’ guy? :yikes:

Callithowiseeit said:

Troll score = D-. Not far enough over the top. You must be an acolyte of Pickle, author of the best selling tome "Trolling for Dummies".

Hoops watcher said:
Callithowiseeit said:

Troll score = D-. Not far enough over the top. You must be an acolyte of Pickle, author of the best selling tome "Trolling for Dummies".

I apologize for at some point making you feel like I was trying to impress you but I could really care less. Truth is plain as day and when all of the di@^#k riders get off of him you will see what everyone outside of the good Ole boys club sees. This was horrible coaching and players not being held accountable for doing the same shit over and over.

Back