• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

LGriz vs. Houston Baptist - Halftime up 28 - 23

LG up 38 - 37. Shooting has turned to ice - no points last 4 minutes of 3rd quarter. Made 2 of the last 14 shots. Could be the HBU defense is good but can't watch :)

Down 44 - 38.

They seem to be turning the ball over quite often, beside not being able to hit any shots. Full timeout called with 7:14 left in the 4th.

Up 52 - 50 with 17 seconds remaining. HBU shooting 1 and 1 (looks like they inbounded the ball rather than getting FTs).

Pretty cold day, but they're still in it!
- Up to 19 TOs now :(
- 1 of 8 3-pt shots
- 9 of 14 FTs

35 sec remaining LG up 57 - 56.

Can't tell if the LGriz are just ice cold this half, or if HBU is playing really good defense. Media timeout right now.

HBU missed 2 shots and Tsineke got the rebound and called timeout. She's had some clutch plays to keep us in the game.

Gfeller makes 2 FTs to put us up by 3, 59 - 56!

HBU ball - they call timeout. They're 4 - 22 for 3-pt shots.

Probably should have won in regulation. Shot the ball better than HBU and won the rebounding war. Turnovers (19 turnovers and 22 points off turnovers) hurt the Ladies. But it's another good win! And winning an OT game should help with confidence down the road.

Great win by the lady Griz. 2nd OT win for the ladies. Stat line was not pretty for either team but the the ladies gutted it out. I think they could be the surprise in the conference if we can keep the ladies healthy. At least on paper without having attended any games the Griz appear on their way back to being challengers for the league crown.
Lady cats seem to be in disaster mode but don’t count out Binford

Congrats to the Montana WBB on another gutsy win, this one 59-56 in OT! I listened post-game and coach Holsinger lauded the team for stepping up in overtime, but was definitely NOT pleased with several aspects of his team's play.

Holsinger at one point paused & said something like: (a very rough paraphrase) The GrizWBB first half complacency allowed Houston Baptist -- a team he believed Montana should have beaten more convincingly -- to climb back into the game... but was proud of how they stepped up in the fourth quarter and OT. He was particularly complimentary of junior pg Katerina Tsineke's hustle and intensity. But, he emphasized, that full-team intensity was missing earlier in the game.

Of course it's an important part of a coach's job to note where a team needs to "build its winning culture," as he put it. My response is that this team -- because of the past four-year history of losing games like this -- is in uncharted territory. I'm going to celebrate this team's three-straight wins on the road, and cheer them on to make the necessary adjustments to make it a fourth-straight road win tomorrow. Love this. I'm pretty impressed at what this team and their coaches -- the competitive team culture especially --have already accomplished this young season. Congrats, Montana GrizWBB!

Here's an excellent game story on Montana's OT win via GoGriz. Some pretty blunt assessment from coach Holsinger... yet pride in his team for its resilience, and for pulling through for the OT win.

Ya know... it's been a long time since Montana has won three straight on the road (with a decent chance to make it four vs. Nichols State tomorrow), so I'm going to focus on areas of improvement: the continued development by Katerina Tsineke, solid bench outings from Dani Bartsch and Haley Huard, potent production on offense from Sammy Fatkin (plus the steal that clinched the win), and -- despite poor shooting today -- steady floor play by Sophia Stiles, Carmen Gfeller and Abby Anderson.

https://gogriz.com/news/2021/11/26/womens-basketball-lady-griz-grind-out-overtime-win-improve-to-4-1.aspx

Back