• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

To watch the Women or Men tonight...

All I can do is watch the entire Women then switch to Men, since that game will start right about the 2nd half of the Women.

Bueller....

Bueller....

Bueller....

That's what the announcer reminds me of.

I won't be awake for the Men's game.

The LG are hitting their 3-ptrs tonight! Good thing, because SacSt's center has been pretty amazing too.

Cuervohola said:
Bueller....

Bueller....

Bueller....

That's what the announcer reminds me of.

I won't be awake for the Men's game.

I got a kick out of him calling the LG - Missoula a few times

I watched both. First half Lady Griz then switched to men to watch them grab 19 - 4 lead. Then back to Ladies watching them expand a small halftime lead to a blowout....probably subconsciously not wanting to watch the men give up their early dominant lead. Which they did! Then back and forth no offense drudgery from both teams
but Griz held on to win it. Was nice to see Blakney make a couple big buckets. If they could get the ball out of a dribbling 6'2" guard's hands little more often I think he's an "inside" guy that can help. Maybe the injury is keeping him down. I think "the offense" of the Griz does no big man any favors. Speaking of "the offense" I find it crazy how many times a game the whole team is forced to chant "10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1" as Whitney or Beasley or Parker dribble looking for on ball screens then eventually start to panic realizing someone has to try and shoot the ball before the shot clock runs out. As often as "the offense" gets to that position, I'd expect the players to know how many seconds are left. Counting down the shot clock....used to think that was a women's basketball thing!

I've never been as much a Lady Griz fan but really enjoying this season so far. Team gets up and down the court, players shoot when open and early; they do not need to count down the shot clock very often. Bartsch and Huard are both very impressive freshmen. Bartsch entry in the first half helped turnaround the slow start in all facets. Couple nice rebounds, a steal strong defense and a couple nice buckets. Didn't shoot great but still willing to take them. Huard not quite as physical but more skilled than Bartsch. Her presence helped the game turn near blowout in the 2nd half. She can shoot and will without hesitation. Grabs her share of rebounds good ball handler and passer. Jocelyn Tinkle has a chance to make a mark as a coach developing these two even more over the next 4 years!

Latest posts

Back