• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

No Stiles

The lady Griz looked out of sync tonight. Styles must be a catalyst for this team. First lady GRiZ game that I’ve watched this season. Hopefully, styles will return soon.

Keller looked to be on the bench in street clothes, as well. Didn't even see Stiles there. Hope she'll be okay.

GrongaGriz said:
maroonandsilver said:
Stiles did not make the trip.

Sounds like Sophia caught a flight today and will be able to play tomorrow vs Weber. Good news!

If that is true that is great news, because Stiles is worth at least 9 points or more. Lady Griz would have won if Stiles was able to play. Still will need all the rest of the players to perform well as Lady Bobcats lost to Weber state despite Darian White having a career day.

https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/with-stiles-expected-back-montana-lady-griz-shoot-for-win-at-resurgent-weber-state/article_3894b2c1-1dd5-5e08-b12c-ccfd2a320bab.html

TrueGriz said:
Stiles is worth at least 9 points or more. Lady Griz would have won if Stiles was able to play.

I agree we could have won with Sopia, but to be fair ISU played without Dora Goles. Goles was second team all-conference in 2019-20, first team all-conference last year and preseason all-conference this year...so she was a pretty big loss for them as well.

Sophia should be a big help for us tomorrow.

I watched part of the cat Weber game last night and Weber women did not look like the Weber of old. They were very aggressive, played tough defense and the cats did not respond well. If they continue to play that way they could be a tough opponent for our lady Griz.

Sport said:
I watched part of the cat Weber game last night and Weber women did not look like the Weber of old. They were very aggressive, played tough defense and the cats did not respond well. If they continue to play that way they could be a tough opponent for our lady Griz.

A strength of our teams the past couple years has been the 1-2 punch of Abby and Carmen (and now a 2A punch with Dani). I think Weber is one of the few teams in the bsc that will feel comfortable playing us straight up without doubling, or triple teaming, the post. This should create some interesting match ups and I think winning the rebounding battle will be a key to Lady Griz victory.

With Sophia playing we should have a decided advantage in the backcourt.

:lol: :lol: ISU is without a few players, but handled both Montana schools, per usual. So what’s the excuse for losing to Weber? ISU at full strength is by FAR the best team in the Big Sky. With Konate rounding into form, it’s just gonna get better. Stiles or not, Montana ain’t on ISU’s level.

We agree with you 8poky8. ISU when healthy or should I say when Konate plays (she is the key) is by far the best team in the conference. Not having Goles hurts, but not as much as having no Konate.

Weber bullies teams and they bullied both MT schools this weekend. In fact they are so confident in their scheme they hardly ever do anything other than run their base offense which we will break down tomorrow and post for people to see on our site.. It provides countless DHO, Backdoor and Post up opportunities.

Key to securing the win vs Lady Griz was the 8-0 start to the 4th.

Coach Holsinger's frustrations could be heard in tone and shortness of his words on the post game interview.

I would also agree with GrongaGriz in regards to the 1-2 punch of Anderson/Gfeller. They have steadily improved the past 2 years.

2 years ago Gfeller was a redshirt and Anderson played very little prior to her sophomore season. It is clear that those 2 spent time working on their games down low in the pivot. Bartsch may be the next in a long line of very good Lady Griz post players dating back to as early or earlier than Jos mom.

Back